Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

has anyone else ever had this happen

Posted by   + Show Post
My mom can't EVER get vaccines, because if she does she gets that virus. She got the tetanus and got lock jaw in her twenties, and had measles or mumbs vaccine as a kid and got it. So she took the chance and vaxed her kids, five of the six kids she has, has had chicken pox five of six have been vaxed for it, and four of the five have had chicken pox. I also decided to vax my son who now has chicken pox, so it looks like for my family its pointless to vax for the pox because we get it anyways. My only problem I've never had it, and right now no one can help me take care of my son.

so I'm curious if anyone here has had themselves or a relative not be able to be vaxed because of the probably of contracting the virus itself?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Replies (11-12):
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:55 AM
My kids got chicken pox after the shot but a very mild case when compared to my unvaxed child. I got the mumps and measles because the shot i was given was bad. My senior class all had to be reimmunized because they realized it was a bad batch
Gorilla_Mama
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
My grandma got polio from the vaccine. She Never got another vaccine again after that, to paranoid. She couldn't walk for a long time because of it but the woman is a fighter and got herself mobile again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)