Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hosanna to the King of Kings

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

Just was wondering if anyone else enjoys Holy week as much as I do, today is Palm Sunday  and even though I know that some may write nasty thoughts I just wanted to share my joy with those who also believe.

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Nope but have fun. Merry ye meet merry ye part.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM
What is it? Do you pray to God
rayroe2
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM
What is it? Do you pray to God
bless4more
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Palm Sunday is the beginning of the Holy week for us, it is the day that Jesus rode through Jerusalem and the week is the Last supper, the betrayal, the accusations and then Good Friday is the crucifixtion of our Lord.  It all ends with the rising from the grave on Easter Sunday.  Yes I pray to God every chance I get.

poshkat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Not me, I'm jewish but I LOVE Easter and I think jesus is awesome. I have pictures of where he walked bearing the cross, and where he supposedly touched the wall when he almost fell from when I went to visit Israel.
Clairwil
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Quoting bless4more:

Palm Sunday is the beginning of the Holy week for us, it is the day that Jesus rode through Jerusalem

Matthew 21:1-7

King James Version (KJV)

21 And when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, unto the mount of Olives, then sent Jesus two disciples,

Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.

And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them; and straightway he will send them.

All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,

Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them,

And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Thus fulfilling prophecy:

Zechariah 9:9

King James Version (KJV)

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Which you have to admit, is an awesomely exact prophecy to fulfill - riding on two animals!  Not something that could have been foreseen by chance.  After all, how often do people ride into town on not one but two beasts?

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Yes I do, the kids and I are on spring break right now and filling our week wih activities, crafts, and worship :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)