Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Was there meaning behind your wedding location? And how involved was your DH in the planning?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 9 Replies

Me and SO spent about two hours last night talking about marriage , and what we both would want for our wedding day...

This morning it got me thinking , if anyone else's husband's were involved in the planning and how much did they get involved?

We talked about everything down to location , date , what kind of wedding we would want (we chose pagan), we even did some research...we even talked about wedding dresses and we talked about what kind of wedding dress we both like (to me his input IS important on the type of dress).

We agreed on a local bar (that does great wedding ceremonies/receptions) thats where he told me he loved me for the first time. 

The location is on the beach..and that is where the ceremony would be held, which is perfect because we were on the beach when he confessed his love to me.

We talked about what we both expect out of a marriage, and the reasons why we want to marry eachother..(this has been a topic before many times , but we revisited it). 

We talked about everything from guests, wedding parties, what colors we would wear/ want...to the decor and we plan on making everything a joint decision.

All i have to do now , is wait for him to pop the question ..and we can start planning!! 

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
elizabg
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I am getting married in the church I attended growing up.  My parents were married there in 1979.  I love the symbolism of it.  If I didn't have to get married in the church, we would have gotten married on vacation somewhere with the kids.  

Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM

awe that is sweet! 

Quoting elizabg:

I am getting married in the church I attended growing up.  My parents were married there in 1979.  I love the symbolism of it.  If I didn't have to get married in the church, we would have gotten married on vacation somewhere with the kids.  

JennyCaps
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM
We met in Hawaii and pretty much eloped. We picked our favorite beach on the island and got married by a JP and had a few friends to witness. Not a ton of planning for us but I wouldn't have changed it for the world :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
working-girl
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I got married in the same church as my parents and grandparents =)

FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM

NO meaning, his involvment was sure for the location.

I was watching tv and they had a special on vegas and people going there to get married etc and I said "hey lets goto vegas and get married by elvis" he said sure.

in a little over a month we were getting married. but not by elvish, he was too expensive!

done deal.

JacksMom1221
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM
He helped, but mostly just said "Whatever you want, babe". So, my Mil and I did most of it. He helped with the music, the cake, that's about it. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM

We got married at a court house. More we couldn't afford at that time. 1 day we will get our wedding we wanted (that's what he said, lol). I am totally fine with it.

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:23 PM

When we got married.  We knew we wanted a big church wedding. Both us are Catholic. We got married in dh's church.  My mothers cousin the priest married us. Location was not anything real special. Other than it was a Catholic church and my mothers cousin Fr. Albin married us.  Just having him marry us was very special. Because he is family.  Dh was very involved in the planning. 

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I got married in the church I attended (occasional) mass at. I picked the colors. dh was VERY involved in the bridal registration process. My mother picked the reception venue, food, from appetizers which included a raw bar (I only eat shrimp cocktail), salad, main course with a veggie I hated. She probably even chose the cake, it's been 22 years so that piece I've forgotten.

She actually told me, I'd have my wedding when I had a daughter.

I have 2 sons...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)