Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A Disappointed Mom

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:09 AM
  • 14 Replies

My kids are grown.  We have been so good to them but for no real reason they deserted my husband and my myself.  Feel sad and disappointed have no clue what to do.  Have tried to do a few things but to no avail.  I have two beautiful granddaughters that live 5 minutes away and there mama and my son snatched them away from us and now we don't see them anymore. Its so pathetic, hurtful and sad.It hurts so bad I don't think I want to see them again.  Any suggestions?

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Have the adult children told you why they are upset or  will not come visit you often?  Communication still needs to be a 2 way operation after the children become adults.  It is sad when the adult children do this since the grand children are the ones who suffer the most.

Lovemyshadows
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Write them a letter.  Tell them what you've told us.  U want to be a family again.  Hopefully it will melt their hearts.  Don't bring up any old family stuff. 

Ayshren
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:34 AM

It seems to me there must be more to the story....

Tidblessi5
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Thanks everybody who responded.  There is alot to the story.  The bottom line is they are liars and users and they don't care about the kids.  They are very self absorbed.  Right now there is absolutely no communication of any kind.  Prayer is about all we have.  I am thankful for that but it still hurts.

nazgor
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:18 AM
o.O

Quoting milf328:

hey can i have your husbands number please im a whore who likes to ruin everybodys marriage like i did mine :$ xoxoxox

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMcLaws
by Carrie on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Trying to get in a bitch group, huh?

Quoting milf328:

hey can i have your husbands number please im a whore who likes to ruin everybodys marriage like i did mine :$ xoxoxox

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Decochanger
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:54 AM

BUMP!

SissyAnn141
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Quoting Ayshren:

It seems to me there must be more to the story....

Mail them a card, and ask, why they are upset at you ?

LISTEN to them, and agree to  respect  their views.

Rocks678
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:40 AM
If my parents talked about me like this, or was talking to me like this, i would have nothing to do with them.

Quoting Tidblessi5:

Thanks everybody who responded.  There is alot to the story.  The bottom line is they are liars and users and they don't care about the kids.  They are very self absorbed.  Right now there is absolutely no communication of any kind.  Prayer is about all we have.  I am thankful for that but it still hurts.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Piskie
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Snatched them away? No.... You have no right to them, they are not your children. Your children don't want to contact you..... There's way more to the story, and you know it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)