Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What the fudge?!

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM
  • 32 Replies
I really wish Karleigh would use the potty already. I'm so sick of this potty training shit. She has peed a couple times in the potty but she won't continue to do so. She goes right back to peeing on the floor. I don't get it. One minute she's interested in the potty and the next she wants nothing to do with it. It's really pissing me off and making it very hard to stay calm when she pees all over the floor. One more thing to add to my list of why I'm done having kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

How old is she?  I know you have said it before, I just cannot remember.  My son was the same way.  He was almost four before he finally got it.  Oddly enough, nighttime was the easiest part.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Turned 2 in November. I'm so fed up and frustrated. I let her tell me when but she just sits there. Then she'll say done and pee on the floor 2 minutes later.

Quoting ScrChk23:

How old is she?  I know you have said it before, I just cannot remember.  My son was the same way.  He was almost four before he finally got it.  Oddly enough, nighttime was the easiest part.

j-c-s-3
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM
I totally understand your frustration! My oldest was almost 5 before it finally clicked! Yes, I said 5!! I kept thinking that I had to be the worse mom on the planet cuz my son just keeps pooping in his pants! Well, I guess that it's true that kids learn at different ages and times because my daughter while watching me train her brother picked it up and potty trained herself! I was amazed! I believe that is when my son figured that he should get his act together. I did the sticker method, which I put a sticker on the calendar after each good use of the potty and I would write -1 every accident. At the end of the week if they had more stickers then -1's I would write the total and by the end of the month if they had more then 50 stickers they would get to pick out a new $5-$10 toy. Rewards seemed to help a lot! I hope this helps you lo. Just try to remember that they will get it! You never see a 3rd grader wearing a diaper or a kid in high school wearing rubber underwear! :) It is a phase and they will get it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I tried stickers, fruit snacks, little lollipops, fruit water. Everything she likes. But she just doesn't get it. Leilah was fully potty trained at this age.

Quoting j-c-s-3:

I totally understand your frustration! My oldest was almost 5 before it finally clicked! Yes, I said 5!! I kept thinking that I had to be the worse mom on the planet cuz my son just keeps pooping in his pants! Well, I guess that it's true that kids learn at different ages and times because my daughter while watching me train her brother picked it up and potty trained herself! I was amazed! I believe that is when my son figured that he should get his act together. I did the sticker method, which I put a sticker on the calendar after each good use of the potty and I would write -1 every accident. At the end of the week if they had more stickers then -1's I would write the total and by the end of the month if they had more then 50 stickers they would get to pick out a new $5-$10 toy. Rewards seemed to help a lot! I hope this helps you lo. Just try to remember that they will get it! You never see a 3rd grader wearing a diaper or a kid in high school wearing rubber underwear! :) It is a phase and they will get it!!
texasmommy125
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

You might have to wait until she is 2 1/2 or 3 to potty train, then get the  I can potty for girls book or DVD for them to watch is a seemingly endless loop.  Worked pretty well with my son.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I'm really hoping she's trained by 3...

Quoting texasmommy125:

You might have to wait until she is 2 1/2 or 3 to potty train, then get the  I can potty for girls book or DVD for them to watch is a seemingly endless loop.  Worked pretty well with my son.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Bump!
RADmomma
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Be consistent. I took my daughter to the potty every 20 minutes whether she said she had to go or not. Every day increase the time between trips & give her HUGE praise when she girs
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I have been. But she ended up hating the potty. So ladies on here told me to let her lead. But it still seems like it's not working.

Quoting RADmomma:

Be consistent. I took my daughter to the potty every 20 minutes whether she said she had to go or not. Every day increase the time between trips & give her HUGE praise when she girs
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM
She may not want to right now. ?? Her peeing later may be a way of rebeling the potty.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Turned 2 in November. I'm so fed up and frustrated. I let her tell me when but she just sits there. Then she'll say done and pee on the floor 2 minutes later.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)