Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When naming your child/ren?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM
  • 76 Replies

I was just woundering if you & your SO have a certain way of naming your kids.

-Do all your kids start with the same letter/have the same number of letters or something like that.

OR

-Do you just pick a name you like (and dont matter about them starting with the same letter or same number of letters?

--Me & my ex didnt want anyone to have the same letter of their first name. We had twins and one has 5 letters in her name like he dad & one has 7 letters in her name like me. (we didnt even try that but that is how it turned out)

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Somehow 3 out of the 5 children have the same letter for first name.  We only have one biological daughter together so the others are with his former wives.  We didnt plan on anything, just picked a name which worked for us.

elliotmommytobe
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:07 PM
We have one but if we have another she/he would have a name we picked out as a 1st name then the middle name would be a family name
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:07 PM

We choose names that have a meaning we like. We didn't pay attention to the number of letters or anything like that.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM

We only have one child but if we have another,they won't have the same first intials,atleast not that we plan on.Our daughter did end up having the same number of letters in her first name as hubby and I have in our names,without us realizing it until later.That won't be a deciding factor for our next child's name though but it would be neat if it works out that way.

KristenFowles
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I went with names I love...  We did end up with a theme.. But I didn't intend to.. haha

Sky, Willow, and River -

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

shylynn22
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM
My first was because I liked it. I am married to the father of my second, her first name starts with the same letter as my first name. Her middle name starts with the same letter as dh middle name.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM
2 moms liked this
We just pick names that we like
alexsmomma06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
We just picked names we liked with good meanings.

Although our first 2 daughters do have the same initials, but by accident. Our oldest is AKR and our 2nd daughter is KAR. We didnt realize it until a friend asked if it was intentional. Our youngest is MBR.
Rust.n.Gears
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Well we only named half of our kids since we adopted three. The other three were chosen from old family names. My sons name is a series of family last names.
classypancake
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I had nothing to do with the naming of my kid because she's a stepdaughter, but the other night, hubby had a dream that we had twin girls (age 6), another girl (4) and finally, a boy.  He also has a daughter who lives on another continent (mother went back to home country while pregnant and lied about coming back).  So that'd be six kids total for him.  His existing kids are Mira Teagan and Ada Lillith.  The names we came up with after the dream (just in case) were Clara Evelyn, Amelia Quinn,  and Leia (arguing over middle.) We already had our boy name set in stone, Simon Wayne (middle not my favorite, but after my favorite grandpa.)  I realized afterwards that the girl names all end with A and the middles end with n...even the boy name ends in an n-sound.  Only exception is his daugther we don't get to see:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN