Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How do u handle the everyday stresses of motherhood?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 24 Replies

How do u handle the everyday stresses of motherhood? I don't know I'm kind of failing at that.. I don't handle it well at all.. 

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anikahaynes1
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Apparently not well because I've developed high blood pressure. I wish I could give you some advice. But I can't even figure it out myself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM

You need to take some time for yourself even if that means bringing help from the outside in the form of a babysitter or mothers helper.   A nice hot shower helps me as well as reading when everyone else has gone to sleep.  That hour of quiet really helps me destress.

JJJMommyKris
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Deep breathes, time outs for me in the closet and dr pepper. Not the best advice but it helps me on those rough days
luv_sharlize
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:44 PM
There's not much we can do. Take one day at a time and in between, breathe a little and give yourself a break.
Kenre
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM
A crime show a night, a bath and music. Those are my therapy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Bump 

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Jack Daniels......

But seriously, I just deal
cherib82
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:06 PM

My half hour drive home from work. I crank up my music and sing along. Hell I probably look like a crazy person belting out some Luke Bryan but I really don't care.

kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Find something you enjoy for yourself. I like reading and crocheting. And do them for an hour or two after the kids go to bed! Working out helps too!
forsakenjewl24
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

it sounds horriable....but i ignore my kids. only when my boyfriend is in the house. eventually they will get the point and leave me alone. my son earlier (when i was laying in bed trying to take a nap) says mom can i play a game on your phone. i didn't answer he walks in the room (it's childish but works) close my eyes pretend to sleep. mom can i play on your phone. 2 seconds later he thinks i'm sleeping he's out and leaving me alone. and then i finally fall asleep. mind you i do not do this often just when i can't handle things. so no bashing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN