Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A spirit in a wooden doll

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:58 AM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you believe dolls can have a spirit in it and that it could do you favors?

Options:

yes

no

other please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

I forgot about this I wanted to get your ladys opinions, my bff mom had passed away 2 weeks ago on monday. I had called her not knowing what happen and could not get a hold of her. Well my mom called and told me that her mom just died, so I called her boyfriend and he told me to meet them at her mom's house. So I get there and support her.

Let me make a long story short, later on that day I go with her to get the kids something to eat, while we are waiting for the food I see this store across the street and I tell her I will be right back I wanted to see what the store was about.

So I go in and the first thing I noticed was this doll about the size of a small child sitting in a chair and it had money on it and a bowl with money in it, I look around ( it was a very small store) and there were candle for sell but I did not really pay attention because this doll was creeping me out. I was about to leave when this lady comes in from the back and asked if she could help me, so I ask her what is with the doll and why dose it have money. She then tells me that the doll has a spirit in it and that people will give it money and ask for favors and sometime it will give them the favors and sometimes it won't. Well that just did it for me I told her it sounded like some voodoo stuff and that they were playing with the devil. I will just stick to God and call it a better day.

As I was leaving she said God is here I turned around and told her not if she is playing with vodo and the spirt God is not involed and just walked away.

It was really creepy wish I had a pix of the doll, I thought it was going to get up and start walking.

My questiong is

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessica1078
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:05 AM
2 moms liked this
a spirit contained in a doll who grants favors for money? uh.,. no. I do believe items can carry residual negative or positive energy though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Piskie
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Vodou isn't devil related, and no, the doll wasn't vodou.
iggwhipped72
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM
It can happen IMO. I'm catholic and there are some very supernatural parts of our faith. Spirits in dolls are never good though and messing with them is an invite to a demon.
Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Spirits tend to go into things that were personal to them..the doll belonged to a little girl that died , so her spirit is attached to it.

However , the way they are using the doll is playing with fire for sure.

shyone_91786
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM

BUMP!

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I agree. 

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Spirits tend to go into things that were personal to them..the doll belonged to a little girl that died , so her spirit is attached to it.

However , the way they are using the doll is playing with fire for sure.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I do not think the doll is a Voodoo doll however, it seems like a 'wishing well' type deal,  To be safe, I wouldn't piss it off.

crazysheep
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Its not voodoo. That's silly.

You didn't have to be rude though.. you believe in what you want to and others believe in what they want to.

redhead-bedhead
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I don't know why you had to be so rude.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)