Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If a waiter adds more to the tip than you originally put .....*Edit

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 112 Replies

can you press charges? 

Edit*

Our bill was originally $46.43, the service was pretty crappy ( we didn't get silverware until after our appetizer and salads were brought out at the same time, it took forever for anyone to even come to our table, people that arrived way after us had already gotten their salads and we were still waiting for drinks.) I left the guy a $7.00 tip because he was nice and the food was good. The total should have been $53.43, but I checked my bank account this morning to make sure everything had cleared and noticed that the charge for our dinner was $63.43...

I went in and spoke with the manager. She was very nice about the whole situation. She refunded the $10.00 that the guy stole and said that she made copies of the receipts I brought in and that she would speak with him when he came in. 

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eirejade
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Is it really such a big deal that charges need to be pressed?  I would call, speak with the manager, and have them remove the entire tip from the bill. 

Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM
2 moms liked this

I guess it would depend on just how much difference it was ...between what you put and what the waitress/waiter changed it too.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I think so.  I would conisder that Theft/fraud.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

This is a better solution though.

Quoting aimesnyc:

Is it really such a big deal that charges need to be pressed?  I would call, speak with the manager, and have them remove the entire tip from the bill. 

Kitschy
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:16 AM
4 moms liked this
They should comp the whole bill.

Quoting aimesnyc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted that comment..lol

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting aimesnyc:

fuzzy_lil_peach
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I plan on going in to talk with the manager. I was just simply wondering if you could press charges for such a thing. To me it is a very big deal, Dh works very hard for that money for someone to just do with it as they please. 

Quoting aimesnyc:

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting aimesnyc:

aimesnyc
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Hey, I understand.  My husband and I both work very hard for the little money that we have.  I would be livid.  But pressing charges, to me, is a last resort in this case. If they harmed me or my family, then I would totally press charges.  If they over-charged the tip by a very large amount and refused to give back any of your money, then that would be reason enough to press charges.  But pressing charges now would probably end up being a waste of your time and money, ya know? 

I would make sure that my meal was comped and the wait staff member was properly punished.

Quoting fuzzy_lil_peach:

I plan on going in to talk with the manager. I was just simply wondering if you could press charges for such a thing. To me it is a very big deal, Dh works very hard for that money for someone to just do with it as they please. 

Quoting aimesnyc:

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting aimesnyc:

honey27
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM
How much was it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN