Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Lonely Mummy

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone feel all alone when its just them and there little one? i have a one year old boy and when its just me and him in the house i feel so lonely and deppressed and end up very anxiouse. is this normal? sarcasmThanks

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
spooky415
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes I get kind of lonely. Not so much now because DH doesn't travel anymore but for awhile when he was working a lot it was terrible. I felt really trapped. It was just me and a kid all day. I was going out of my mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WinterRosesmom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Me ...me ... i hsve a one year old and all my other kids and hubby are gone all day i get very lonely
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM

It's totally normal! It's hard when you are alone all day with someone who can't talk. You start to really crave adult conversation!

You should see if there are any mommy groups in your area, maybe check out your local library for story time, or just get out of the house and go for walks with your son. 

Rolltidemom28
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I feel the same way. I'm a stay at home mom with my 4 month old. My husband and I didn't plan on me staying at home, but we decided it was best for me to leave a bad job situation. I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have work and my husband works all day too. So it's just me, my daughter and the dog most of the time. That's why I joined cafe mom. I wanted to find friends. I also try to get out of the house whenever I can, even if its just walking around Target or Walmart for a bit. 

Reina13
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Hi! It is normal. As much as we love our children, we all need adult interaction as well. Have you tried taking him to the park or for a walk? It will get you out of the house but it is a good way to meet other moms as well.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN