Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

experience selling on ebay or craigs list?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have some of my girls American girl stuff i would like to try to sell. I have looked at both ebay and craigs list to get ideas but ebay looks complicated. It would be great if i could just bundle it all up and all it for a flat amount but ebay everyone sseems to have separated it all by sets. I had thought i would do that one day when my oldest went off to college but she gave it all to her sister. She's 10 now and doesn't play with any of it anymore and its all a mess packed in plastic totes in my office closet. I want the space back. Has anyone sold anything on either site before? How was the experience? Im not very good at internet stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
liveforever
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I did cl a few times. You'll get a lot of flakes. Other then that it wasn't too bad. I lived in an apt at the time so I always had people meet me in front of the clubhouse. It was a public area but I didn't have to go far in case someone was a no show.
Western_belle86
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM

With craigslist you probably wont get as much as you want for them. Also just meet in a public place 

Dreamweaver_46
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM

eBay isn't as complicated as it looks,but if this is like a one time thing then it probably would be better to list on Craig's list. Facebook also should have a local yards sale page in your area. Be prepared to be bombarded with scams if you list on Craig's list. I might suggest you make a dummy email for selling purposes, that way your email isn't trashed with junk. 

Trixi.VonLace
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM
EBay isn't that complicated, make an account, link your PayPal, make the post for the item you want to sell and wait. I like eBay over cl because your protected and you don't have to meet up with strangers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)