Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Don't want to have to explain myself

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
I recently had to give up my child I wanted him to have a mother and a father and that is something I cannot provide for him.. . When I got pregnant I did not want anybody to know I did not tell anybody some of my family I still have not told,,,! but a couple people did find out. But I could not keep it from everybody a couple people saw I was
Pregnant. What do I say to people that did now when they see me without him? If I talk about the adoption it makes me cry plus I don't want people to now it seems easier just saying at the baby died or something? Is that wrong of me? I just don't know how to cope with I feel all alone help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

All you have to do is say you gave you life to a beautiful child and gave him the best life you could by giving up for adoption. Many will ask for details. If I were you I would develop a script to tell until I came to terms with my choice.

WendyJR
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't lie. Just tell them it's too soon to talk about it for you or you're not comfortable talking about it right now but you have the baby up for adoption and you made the best decision for you and the baby.
And I'd you haven't yet maybe find a therapist or some sort of support group since you're feeling so down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChefFatCat
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

please do not take this in the wrong way, I dont mean to upset you or disrespect you in anyway....

but I think you should go & talk to someone, also there is support groups for women like yourself....

my heart brakes for you ... & I have to tip my hat to you for you are a very strong person to have done what you did,

I can not say I understand your pain, bc I have never done this, but I think you should reach out to groups in where you live, support groups ... & maybe some one on one counseling

bless you child!!!

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Without sounding condescending, I have to say I'm in awe at your courage for giving up your child. It takes an extremely brave, loving and selfless mother to do that.

You don't owe anyone an explanation. You can say that he's in a great home with a loving mother AND father. And leave it at that. If they press for details, just tell them "that's all I can say" or "I can't talk about it beyond that". Any person with half a brain should leave it alone.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Huge hugs momma. You have gotten some great answers here.

stcfilly
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM

do not feel guilty about what you did! it was a very brave and selfless thing to do. society making people feel the way you are feeling is why some women feel pressured into abortions.  instead of feeling like people are looking down on you or letting them make you feel that way, you should be proud.  hold your head high.  i can't imagine how you are feeling but as a mother myself i know that we always do whatever it takes to provide for our chldren.  you were just being the best mother you could!

pamelax3
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I agree with this..You are in my thoughts and please try and find someone to talk too

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Without sounding condescending, I have to say I'm in awe at your courage for giving up your child. It takes an extremely brave, loving and selfless mother to do that.

You don't owe anyone an explanation. You can say that he's in a great home with a loving mother AND father. And leave it at that. If they press for details, just tell them "that's all I can say" or "I can't talk about it beyond that". Any person with half a brain should leave it alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)