Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

who works from home? is my idea a good one?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM
  • 13 Replies

ok so i work for a company(as of 2 days ago) and i started a FB page. I want to get traffic to the FB page so im offering to give away a free item(which only costs me $6 for every 150 fans i make. 

Now this wont guarentee sales only fans on my page. But it could lead to sales. 

Its a popular company so i think it could do well but my question is is it a smart move on my part? orwoul it be better wo wait until i have sales coming in?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovemyshadows
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM

bump

pamelax3
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Depends on the company and the item..

C8linVilla
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM

zebra sprinkles and a bottle of sprinkles. Not sure why it would matter though? can i ask why? its a popular company and its in high demand for sure. the item retails for only $8 but the product lasts 15-22 hours so i think its a good deal?

Quoting pamelax3:

CafeMom Tickers
pamelax3
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Not sure why it would matter though? if it was a company like avon, there is so many representatives people would just be going after the gift, and would probably stick with the person they are already buying from, and then you would be loosing money in the long run

Quoting C8linVilla:

zebra sprinkles and a bottle of sprinkles. Not sure why it would matter though? can i ask why? its a popular company and its in high demand for sure. the item retails for only $8 but the product lasts 15-22 hours so i think its a good deal?

Quoting pamelax3:

i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Zebra?? I think I know that company. A lady came to my old job & gave us a tube of sticks with liquid that make the office smell amazing! People ask about it & we hand them her card

Quoting C8linVilla:

Quoting pamelax3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Couldn't hurt. 

Mommyof1_2013
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I'm a consultant for an in-home party company and I quickly found out giving out free gifts was costing A LOT of money, so what I've been doing instead is making my own coupons for like 10% off 1 item, or 10% off entire order. That way you're making a sale out of it instead of losing money. You can make the coupons work for you too. 

Avarah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a Tupperware consultant and I firmly believe that she who gives away the most ends up selling the most.

It's really hard to have too many out of pocket expenses when you first start out, but getting your products, your website and your name and face in front of people is a great way to start out.

It'll take more work than it'll be worth for them to unfriend you, so as long as you don't inundate their newsfeeds to the point where they hide you, you should be good!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
C8linVilla
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:21 PM

gotcha Had not thought about that but makes sense :) Thanks

Quoting pamelax3:

Not sure why it would matter though? if it was a company like avon, there is so many representatives people would just be going after the gift, and would probably stick with the person they are already buying from, and then you would be loosing money in the long run

Quoting C8linVilla:

Quoting pamelax3:

CafeMom Tickers
C8linVilla
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM

yes there are the scent sticks as well as the sprinkles(soy wax for melting pots) its a pretty great company and seems like a great business. but when i first heard the name and saw the pic it looked like ice cream dots. so thats how i got hooked lol sounded so yummy. i was entering a contest to win some and asked how would they ship me ice cream. Thats when i found it was candles. but still love the company(OT) but with the sale they had going(sign up for $74 instead of $99 and get over $150 in products as the kit) i figured it could not hurt to try :)

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

Zebra?? I think I know that company. A lady came to my old job & gave us a tube of sticks with liquid that make the office smell amazing! People ask about it & we hand them her card

Quoting C8linVilla:

Quoting pamelax3:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN