Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

bleeding need your opinion (WARNING THIS MAY BE TMI)

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 18 Replies

This may be tmi and I am sorry but I wanted some opinions. I am not too worried about it though. 

I gave birth to my baby boy 5 weeks ago. The bleeding was normal it came and went for 3 weeks on the forth week i didn't have any bleeding at all. Well this past Monday I was bleeding again it was medium at first then got heavy with one little clot that wasn't even the size of a penny. But I am not saturating the pad in an hour like the postpartum paper the dr gave me said to look out for. I had small cramps this morning but then they went away. I just went to the bathroom and there wasn't too much blood on the pad but when I whipped their was a good bit. I think it is my period I just called my dr she is calling back but I wanted some opinions. 

Sorry this is so tmi but I have no one to ask my husband is no help lol. 

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missyfromohio
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Did you get the shot? I bled 3 weeks a month for a yr

Quoting newmomat22:

This may be tmi and I am sorry but I wanted some opinions. I am not too worried about it though. 

I gave birth to my baby boy 5 weeks ago. The bleeding was normal it came and went for 3 weeks on the forth week i didn't have any bleeding at all. Well this past Monday I was bleeding again it was medium at first then got heavy with one little clot that wasn't even the size of a penny. But I am not saturating the pad in an hour like the postpartum paper the dr gave me said to look out for. I had small cramps this morning but then they went away. I just went to the bathroom and there wasn't too much blood on the pad but when I whipped their was a good bit. I think it is my period I just called my dr she is calling back but I wanted some opinions. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newmomat22
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:01 PM

ok I haven't had my coffee yet so I am not catching on yet lol. what shot?

Quoting missyfromohio:

Quoting newmomat22:

texasmommy125
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait to hear from your doctor.  I bled for 6 weeks after my deliveries, but you could be different.

newmomat22
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM

thanks My oldest is 5 and I so can not remember what it was after I had her. 

Quoting texasmommy125:

Wait to hear from your doctor.  I bled for 6 weeks after my deliveries, but you could be different.

missyfromohio
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Lol, sorry. It is the monthly birth control shot. I forget what it's called it's been a while. Typically referred to as the shot. I'm betting you haven't. I was just going for a guess. I'd probably say that's normal anyway. If it becomes too much go the ER or lay in bed with your feet and pelvis elevated and rest. You need to heal.

Quoting missyfromohio:

Quoting newmomat22:

LilliesValley
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM
I'd just talk to the doctor. Probably nothing but better safe than sorry. I had a c section and they sucked most of that stuff out. I only bled for a few days. Sorry I'm not more help.
newmomat22
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM

oh no I didn't get the shot. Yea ,y husband said the same just keep on it and talk to my dr. Thanks for the help. 

Quoting missyfromohio:

Lol, sorry. It is the monthly birth control shot. I forget what it's called it's been a while. Typically referred to as the shot. I'm betting you haven't. I was just going for a guess. I'd probably say that's normal anyway. If it becomes too much go the ER or lay in bed with your feet and pelvis elevated and rest. You need to heal.

Quoting missyfromohio:

Quoting newmomat22:

newmomat22
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:17 PM

yea that is what I am going to do. I don't think its anything to worry about but I am the kind of person who worries until i talk to a dr lol. thanks for the help. 

Quoting LilliesValley:

I'd just talk to the doctor. Probably nothing but better safe than sorry. I had a c section and they sucked most of that stuff out. I only bled for a few days. Sorry I'm not more help.

RADmomma
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM
My lo is 3 months old. It's normal to spot or bleed off & on for the first 8 weeks. Most ppl are done by 6 weeks but 8 is still ok. I know I bleed for 4 had a week off the bleed again for a week & the spotted for a few more weeks.

The previous poster is talking about the depo shot... I highly recommend you look into other birth control. The depo shot is horrendous !!
newmomat22
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:22 PM

oh ok what your explaining is what I am going through. Yea I am getting the IUD the 10 year one I heard so many people hated the depo shot. thanks for the help. 

Quoting RADmomma:

My lo is 3 months old. It's normal to spot or bleed off & on for the first 8 weeks. Most ppl are done by 6 weeks but 8 is still ok. I know I bleed for 4 had a week off the bleed again for a week & the spotted for a few more weeks.

The previous poster is talking about the depo shot... I highly recommend you look into other birth control. The depo shot is horrendous !!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)