Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm sorry but...that is the ugliest dog I have ever seen. *edit* *pic added to post*

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:28 PM
  • 175 Replies

I hear this a lot when people come over to my house for the first time. Really??  I mean... I know people won't think she's the cutest dog in the world but... I don't sit there and tell you (general you) that your dog is ugly or hideous.  I undersand it's cuz she's hairless and people aren't used to it but... come on.  Must you really say that when you first walk into my home and see my dog??  And to ask me why I got such an ugly thing??  That's just rude.

Ok.  Vent over.

Edit:  Since everyone keeps asking I thought I'd add it to my OP.  She is an American Hairless Terrier.  Hairless dogs are more high maintenance than dogs with hair/fur.  If we go out she's wearing clothes, and she has shoes too.  We live in NW WA, it can be cold here. lolz.  She also has sunscreen she wears if it's sunny out so she doesn't get a sunburn.  And before anyone asks why I have a hairless dog in WA (I get asked quite a bit)... DD's allergic to dogs and her allergist ok'd hairless breeds.  She is my service dog and helps with my anxiety.  And yes... she goes to stores with me to help keep me calm and not freak out should I run into one of my abusers (stbx and his family).  This is my Persephone Pickle:

I want to thank everyone for being nice about her. lolz.  I think she is adorable but... she's my baby so of course I'd think that. lolz.  As I said... I understand some won't think she's the cutest dog in the world, and I don't expect everyone to think that.  If you think some dogs are ugly, don't like little dogs, don't like big dogs (I've always been afraid of them), don't like dogs that wear clothes, etc... that's fine and that's your opinion.  Not trying to change it.  But would you really walk into a person's home for the first time and say any of these things?????:

• "Wtf is that ugly thing??"
  • "Dude... it makes me think of Dr. Evil's cat that went to space and lost all it's hair cuz of the radiation."
  • "That thing is fucking hideous, go put it in a different room."
  • "Ytf would you get such an ugly @$$ dog??"

Yes... all of these have actually been said.  The person who said the third one wasn't in my home for very long.  Other things have been said but I can't think of them all.  If you don't agree that walking into someone's home and saying any of those is rude then... I really have nothing to say to you.  You can have your opinion(s) but if you would really walk into someone's home and say that... I think you're rude and disrespectful.

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
6steph7
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Pics?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilysmom8
by Dawn on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Can we see a pic
jb0520
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Quoting 6steph7:

Pics?

PinaiAngelPai15
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:31 PM
17 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Lets see a pic!
.Nobody.
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Lol. I would probably say "that thing is so ugly it's cute"

I don't really think its rude...

I grew up with a hideous mutt and people always said she was ugly lol. I didn't care... She's a good girl. She's 15 now and even uglier than ever! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM
5 moms liked this
I think she is cute!

Quoting PinaiAngelPai15:

Mobile Photo

sue5109
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Aawwwhhh I think she's adorable!! I'll post a pic of my furr baby :) people say he's ugly too lol
bpascetti11
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:33 PM
oh my gosh I think she is freaking adorable!!!! I also love hairless animals though....I have a hairless cat and plan on getting a hairless dog once we move into a house.
sue5109
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)