Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Advice needed please

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM
  • 3 Replies

DH was part of a group last weekend that put together a "rememberence" ceremony for those lost in the past year.  He is building manager of the place this was being held at as well as participated in it.  Last week his boss told him that the company was paying for dinner at one of the restaurants (pricey) in town after the ceremony and specifically asked if me and our three boys would be attending so we could be invited to dinner afterward.  DH (who usually doesn't go because money is always tight) decided to go, but the boys and I stayed home.  At the end of the meal, everyone paid for their own tabs and DH, dumbfounded, did also.  When he asked his boss on Monday about it, the response was "Oh?  Well that saved the company money."  WTH?  Dh (totally spineless) was like "Uh...okay."   

Should DH say anything about this or should he (we) just let it go now?  The only reason this upsets me is that I am the one who does our finances and the amount spent (even the cheapest meal that DH got anyhow) was well beyond what we would EVER pay. 

Kristina

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have him say something in private just like you know my family and I usually don't go out much because we really don't have the money for it and that dinner has really hit us pretty hard. Was pretty tacky of the boss not to ask the waiter for the check and pay with a company credit card. 

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I agree. At the very least, the fact that they'd be paying for themselves should've been made known before they went, so anyone with tighter budgets could have declined the invite at that time.

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

I would have him say something in private just like you know my family and I usually don't go out much because we really don't have the money for it and that dinner has really hit us pretty hard. Was pretty tacky of the boss not to ask the waiter for the check and pay with a company credit card. 

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Completely agree

Quoting bamababe1975:

I agree. At the very least, the fact that they'd be paying for themselves should've been made known before they went, so anyone with tighter budgets could have declined the invite at that time.

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)