Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

calling all pit bull owners

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM
  • 14 Replies
So i got a female pit pup about a week ago and she is eating non stop. like she is.hungry all the time and poops a ton too. she doesnt have worms. is it the food? i got some puppy chow. whats the best most affordable thing to feed a pit?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermom0609
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Bump
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM

How old is she?   I would have her checked out by a vet if you havent already and discuss what is best for your particular new baby.  She will poop a ton if you let her eat a ton.   I am presuming you are following the package's serving sizes and not feeding her table scraps.

lucyblue202
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I feed my pitty pup acana puppy kibble.. it has a much higher percent of protein in it as opposed to most generic dog food brands. and Puppies tend to poop a lot... I think that is perfectly normal as my girl poops about 5 or more times a day.

xLilBit22
by La Melodia on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM
When i got my babygirl now a 1.5yr old i got her at 6wks and she was a vaccum cleaner literally eat her food and my other dogs food. And holy crap could she shit. Its like some babies some shit more than other u know. Its becomes better as she gets older.
Christy_517
by Invisible on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Mobile Photo

My guy poops a lot too. Like twice in the morning, once in the afternoon, again in the evening, and then again before bed. But he's 6. If you're concerned, ask the vet. We just took Scrappy because we had concerns that he may be diabetic or have a UTI because he was drinking and peeing more than normal. Turns out he's fine but is probably drinking more to fill his belly because we have him on a diet. (He's still 11 pounds overweight!) Anyway good luck :)
supermom0609
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM
She is 8 wks

Quoting frndlyfn:

How old is she?   I would have her checked out by a vet if you havent already and discuss what is best for your particular new baby.  She will poop a ton if you let her eat a ton.   I am presuming you are following the package's serving sizes and not feeding her table scraps.

supermom0609
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM
The package says 1 cup but she is eating ALOT more than that

Quoting frndlyfn:

aimhawk
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:58 PM

We've had two pits and not had these issues. They eat until they are full. We've been using Purina for large breed dogs, its made for puppies and adults.

I'm actually trying to search for a more natural brand, but the boy doesn't seem to like any of it.

And if you haven't already go to the vet.

lancet98
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Pups from big litters often don't get enough to eat or have to compete like mad to get to nurse at all, tend to overeat if you just give them all the solid food they want after they're weaned.

Feeding more frequently helps (small pups need to get fet 4x a day anyway).

Having  the vet check a fecal sample for parasites every week is a good idea.

ShhhItsASecret
by Tiffany on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:03 PM

my puppy was on puppy chow, doing the same thing. puppy trainer said thats like giving her a bowl of treats. You may want to think about switching her food over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)