Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ECigs?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:56 PM
  • 14 Replies
Anyone use or know someone who uses them on a regular basis or even just in the car or something???
What are your thoughts on it?

I just bought my SO a tester eCig... It really has no smell..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenn4443
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

bump cuz i am curious

KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:59 PM
My husband has one he only uses it while at work. He likes it. But it does give me a headache if he smokes it around me.
Mommaof1boy04
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I use mine in the car and in home! Been cig free for 10 weeks now! After about 3 days of quitting I found the stentch of reg cigs in my car unbearable! I have not noticed a smell from our ecigs other than a tad bit of the flavor smell! SO and I both like the fruity flavors the best for our ecigs! Best of luck to him!

Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Hubby used to have them.  He used to be a chain smoker and they helped him ease off of it.  Although, he still smokes on occasion.  Some people have great success with them, but again they're not for everybody.  Guess it just comes down on the person's own desire to quit or just use this as a lasting alternative.  Good Luck with your own goal. :)

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count

PinaiAngelPai15
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I've had a couple.  I've never noticed any smell and other people haven't said anything about it.  I mostly used them when I was staying at women's shelter.  The staff there allowed us to smoke them in our rooms so long as our roommates didn't mind.  Thankfully mine didn't cuz sometimes I was too scared to go outside.  I haven't really used it all that much since I moved out.  Only when I really don't wanna go outside or it's the middle of the night and freezing. lolz.  I don't really smoke that much anymore.  I crave one every other day or so.

Cubanmom84
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I quit like two months ago and I asked the hubby about them and he said that they contained nicotine.... Is that true?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
friendlymom5
by Lisa on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I am planning on buying one on the 1st. I figure if I CANT QUIT MAYBE THIS IS A SAFER ALTERNATIVE. sorry about the caps I m on my phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Both my sons use them & love them
Good luck to your SO :)

Mamamanic
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I only smoke at home and really don't carry them around. It is a way to keep my smoking low. I mean I smoke maybe a pack a week to a week in a half. So I keep mine in my purse just in case or use it in the house when I don't want to go outside. They really are not the same though, but will give you nicotine. I think even more than smoking.   Chantex is the better way I quit before and I used a really low dose of it. 

hazy999
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:23 AM
They do contain nicotine but i read a medical study recently that said there is no carcinogens in them that there is no risk of cancer

Quoting Cubanmom84:

I quit like two months ago and I asked the hubby about them and he said that they contained nicotine.... Is that true?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)