Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The joy of a 5yr old.SMH

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

So my dd is on spring break right now from school and she wanted to have a play date with her friend across the street tomorrow.so big deal.well my husband took our dd to a birthday party tonight for a friend from class and he comes home and tells me 3 other moms wanted to make sure we were still having a play date at 3:00.lol my dd went and invited more kids from school and never told me.not that I really care but wow that could have been so confusing tomorrow when I have 3 extra kids showing up.lol darn kid

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Lol wow crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessie3398
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Awww too cute spring breaks a long time to be away from ur friends lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Aww!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL  I remember those days.   I told dd I would not let anyone come over or her go to someone else's house unless they called or sent a note to me.  One classmate actually drew a map to her house from the school so dd could come over.

Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Hehe the map part made me smile :) Same thing happened to me.

Quoting frndlyfn:

LOL  I remember those days.   I told dd I would not let anyone come over or her go to someone else's house unless they called or sent a note to me.  One classmate actually drew a map to her house from the school so dd could come over.

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Yeah all us parents shook our heads at that.   We are lucky that our kindergarten was tryinig out a monthly family day where parents/grandparents could come in for a few hours on a specific day and participate in the lessons or activities.   Us adults used that time to catch up with each other about these types of things.

Quoting Pna1Dra6on:

Hehe the map part made me smile :) Same thing happened to me.

Quoting frndlyfn:

LucyHarper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:18 AM

If your daughter is five, the parents really should have spoken to you first, not accepted a five year olds invitation. I am okay with a few kids coming over, but I would give my child a good talking to about inviting people without speaking to you first, she might lose her playdate.

i_am_anonymous
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:09 AM

We talked to her last night and let her know that if she invited her friends over she has to make sure she tells me.i don't really care that she did it. It just would have been super confusing when I had more kids showing up that I knew about.but she now knows she needs to make sure she lets mommy and daddy know

Quoting LucyHarper:

If your daughter is five, the parents really should have spoken to you first, not accepted a five year olds invitation. I am okay with a few kids coming over, but I would give my child a good talking to about inviting people without speaking to you first, she might lose her playdate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN