Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

tired of my family being let down

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 15 Replies
I hate having to dissapoint my kids. I can't even get my kids Easter. Its so depressing. I just can't seem to get my head out of the water. I am so tired of telling my kids no all the time. Never being able to go to a movie. Or rent movie. No bowling or skating. Never going to the fair. No parades. No circus nothing. No brand new clothes. Buying brand new shoes takes months of savings just to buy Walmart shoes. Its so heart breaking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Have you looked around for free ideas? My mother's church is doing a free massive egg hunt and afterwards we are going to a pagan celebration at a local park.

pixxydust
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I have 3 kids. 2 of my kids are disabled. My daughter is having surgery in may. She has a very low immune system. I can't take the chance of her being exposed to something. My son is autistic and it just wouldn't work. He hates orange it cause huge melt Downs. Headbanging screaming. And then seizures. I just cant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I am presuming you have filed for disability funds for the children to help everyone out.   Have you spoken to your local dept of social services as well to help the family out?  There should be something out there to help get the children covered for needs and wants.

Mamamanic
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:03 AM

There are all kinds of resources you can find to help you so you can strech money out. I have had to use them and still have my list of resources just in case.

We have had a really rough last 3 years and years ago when my daughter was a baby, so I know what you are feeling. Something as little as not being able to go to McDonalds because the budget is so limited. Plus, which bills should I pay so I have gas in my car to get to work. It really hit me hard this other time around because I was doing well and never wanted to be in  that place again. We are doing pretty okay now, but the whole fall and winter was heart breaking.

Reaching out to churches is a great way to get "extras" for your kids. The churches that do food donation, also will give clothing around school time and holidays as well. Just call around, be honest with the people you talk to, and remeber some day it will be looking up. 

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I'm sorry... it is rough to always have to say no. things will get better

partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:50 AM

contact a local church, most will gladly help you out with some basic easter basket items etc. fortunately kids are not permeneantly damaged by growing up in a lower income household. they can be taught the true value of every dollar that crosses their path. your kids really want you and time with you. make easter a special day with family games and what not. 

pixxydust
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:43 AM
Thank-you everyone. Usually I have it together but today I did not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:04 AM
So are you too poor or are u unable to handle them? Things like parades are free but then u say you have to save for months for shoes. I really don't understand how a grown woman can't even provide cheap shoes. It's a sad thing for your kids but you need to be responsible and not have 3 kids if you can't support them properly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:08 AM
That actually isn't true. Research has shown in general people who grow up poor stay poor because they don't plan ahead with money. They live check to check spending every dime because they don't budget. If they have $20 in their pocket they don't consider how long it is till the next check. They just spend it and figure something will come up.

Quoting partingwhisper:

contact a local church, most will gladly help you out with some basic easter basket items etc. fortunately kids are not permeneantly damaged by growing up in a lower income household. they can be taught the true value of every dollar that crosses their path. your kids really want you and time with you. make easter a special day with family games and what not. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
butterflymommy2
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:12 AM
I'm on a tight budget it as well. I try shopping at goodwill for most of our clothes and shoes. Sundays are 99 cent days...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)