Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How to vaccinate?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 20 Replies
I want to be selective and careful with vaccinating my baby. How do I go about this with his doctor? His two month check up is next Friday. What shots should he get?Which ones are unnecessary. I'm so nervous! I know they have way more now than when my first two were little.

I know some of you are totally against vaccinating. I respect your decision please respect mine. Thank you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
themissheather
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:47 PM
There is no way that anyone can answer this question for you. Vaccinating or not is a family decision. You need to research each disease they vaccinate for and research each vaccine given. Other factors to consider will be family health history, will your child be in daycare, will you be breastfeeding, and what exemptions your state allows for school. DH and I chose not to vaccinate our children and it is a decision we take very seriously. Any advice given to you further research.

Remember also, that you cannot take shots back, so of you are unsure you can always tell your doctor you will delaying until you have decided it is/is not the right choice for your family.
themissheather
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I forgot to add that there is an Educate Before You Vaccinate group that has a lot of info. There are also information groups on other sites (mothering.com has a good one as well.)
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Thank you

Quoting themissheather:

I forgot to add that there is an Educate Before You Vaccinate group that has a lot of info. There are also information groups on other sites (mothering.com has a good one as well.)

themissheather
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:01 AM
You're welcome. :-)

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Thank you

Quoting themissheather:

JasonsMom2007
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Personally I would reschedule the 2 month checkups or decline the vaccines until you have time to research. My kids are no vaccinated.
tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I wouldn't give any at 2 months. Their bodies are just too immature then. If you do, I don't know if any is better than the others. But at any rate, I'd keep it to ONE.
MixedCooke
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I vaccinate for things that I know could kill but am more selective when it comes to the flu, etc.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:53 AM
The only vaccines my girls aren't getting is the flu and Gardisil (when they are old enough.)
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Bump
StormiAnn
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:46 AM
This looks like a great website to compare ingredients etc. http://www.vaccine-tlc.org/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN