Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dh might be taking a job interstate

Posted by   + Show Post
We survive on the money we earn now but it's a very tight budget, dh might be taking a job in the next state, we won't be going with him since this job will only be for 1 year, he said he will fly back every 3 weeks or so and we can go there, we have never been apart, but it's the separation from the kids that worries me. Before anyone says anything our marriage is good, he is doing it for our family so we can get bills paid on time etc. just wanting to hear from people who experience something similar
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Replies (11-13):
lovelove211
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Absolutely, travel is included otherwise he wouldn't even consider it. As my last option in my mind I am considering going with him, but we don't want to sell the house etc so we need to think about all of that

Quoting kss12:

I haven't gone through it but my parents have gone though that. If your kids aren't in school why wouldn't you just move with him? I know it's only for a year but no matter what the circumstances I wouldn't and couldn't be away from my hubby for that long.

I saw everyone posting about the cost it would be to fly back and forth or fly you back and forth but I'm assuming the company will pay for that right? I'm assuming that was part of the deal prior to him accepting the job. That's what happened with my parents anyway!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kss12
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Some people are desperate to rent.. Could you list it with an agent for rent.. even just for fun before your dh moves? then someone could just rent for a year!

Quoting lovelove211:

Absolutely, travel is included otherwise he wouldn't even consider it. As my last option in my mind I am considering going with him, but we don't want to sell the house etc so we need to think about all of that

Quoting kss12:

I haven't gone through it but my parents have gone though that. If your kids aren't in school why wouldn't you just move with him? I know it's only for a year but no matter what the circumstances I wouldn't and couldn't be away from my hubby for that long.

I saw everyone posting about the cost it would be to fly back and forth or fly you back and forth but I'm assuming the company will pay for that right? I'm assuming that was part of the deal prior to him accepting the job. That's what happened with my parents anyway!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I couldn't do it. I wouldn't be able to handle my husband being gone that long and my kids would hate it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)