Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Couldnt get my ebt card on time

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:17 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi, i just applyed for food stamps and got my approval letter on saturday. My baby girl has been sick so i told hubby to go pick up the card monday since it was his day off, so he went but he couldnt get it since it was under my name. Tuesday and wed my baby was still sick and hubb had to Work from 8-5 so he couldnt stay home and watch over baby while i went to pick it up and by the time he gets home from workthe office its already closed. (I have no one else besides him to leave the baby with) plus its was too cold to take her while she was still sick.
So I went today after Leilani was feeling better but they closed early and tommorrow will be closed since its GOOD FRiDAY so i have to wait till monday. I have $266 on the card and that amount will expire by sunday the 31st. Monday i will start off fresh with $200. but i could have rilly used the 266 to go buy groceries today what can i do. This is my first month on food stamps!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been on fs before and ive never heard of them expiring
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Food stamps don't expire. You can use them whenever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fitnessjunkie
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:33 AM
2 moms liked this
They don't expire unless you haven't used them in months. They also reload everyone month
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Usually they just move onto the next month, unless you have three months or more on the card. But you said its your first month. If I remember correctly they want you to use so much before the end of the month or they will take so much from that month. I would call your caseworker Monday and tell them what happened they can probably correct it.
Mamamanic
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:35 AM

It will not expire, it just rolls over to the next month

ColieO
by I Rock on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Not in every state.

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Food stamps don't expire. You can use them whenever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamamanic
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

You might even have more than your monthly amount since they go back to the day you applied

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:37 AM

What state are you in?  For where i live, those unused amounts roll over to the next month.  Why couldnt you have the card mailed to you?  I know for here they do that now once the interview is done.

Danielach
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:49 AM
In nj. They said i have $ 200 a month but since i just got approved i got $266 counting the day i applied. So if i dont have the card i wont b able to use the 266 anymore. And start fresh with $200 on monday since its the 1st of the month. My case worker told me that if i dont use all the money they wont roll over to next month.
Some one please explain to me its my first time and its confusing i dont have any friends that are on food stamps so i cant rilly ask anyone i know
PaganMommy04
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:55 AM
I'd be shocked as hell if they were to expire. Anytime I've ever had an unused balance by the end of the month, it's always rolled over into the next month. However, I have heard that if you go 365 days without using your card, you'll lose what's on there, but I don't know for sure so don't take my word for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)