Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

We set a month to start TTCing!! Pre-IUD users...i have a question.

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 19 Replies

We have set a date from 6 months from now to start TTCing...

However i have had an IUD in for the past year.

My question is , for the momma's that had an IUD in and got it taken out to start trying for a baby..how long did you wait between the time that it was taken out to the time you started trying?

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:52 AM

bump

angleybby328
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I didn't have to get mine removed I got pregnant with it still in place however if I had a choice id prob wait 2cycles maybe 3
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJess9
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:58 AM
I still have mine, we are done having kids. But my friend had hers taken out and the doctor told her there was no need to wait. She got pregnant about 2 months after it was out.
Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Quoting MamaJess9:

I still have mine, we are done having kids. But my friend had hers taken out and the doctor told her there was no need to wait. She got pregnant about 2 months after it was out.

See, ive read up on it and ive come across woman saying that they got pregnant exactly a month before...and then i've read where woman say its best to wait two months so that your uterus wall can go back to normal and 'thicken' up..

I've already had an ectopic pregnancy in 2011, so i am a bit scared not to give my body enough time ya know?

MamaJess9
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Understandable. It definitely isn't going to hurt anything to wait a couple of months if it makes you feel more comfortable.

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Quoting MamaJess9:

See, ive read up on it and ive come across woman saying that they got pregnant exactly a month before...and then i've read where woman say its best to wait two months so that your uterus wall can go back to normal and 'thicken' up..

I've already had an ectopic pregnancy in 2011, so i am a bit scared not to give my body enough time ya know?

Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:03 AM

bump

blakesmommy531
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM
My dr told me to wait two cycles.
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I didn't wait. Got pregnant 6 months later.
Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

I didn't wait. Got pregnant 6 months later.

6 months? May i ask how long you had the IUD in for?

mama_cullum
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I had mine removed but didn't conceive until a fewmonths later. I was on the pill but decided I wanted another baby so I quit taking the pill. I conceived a few weeks after quitting the pill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN