Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone live in Oregon or Texas?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM
  • 19 Replies

So, does anyone live in Oregon & Texas? What do u like about it? What don't u like about it? Is the cost of living high?? Any other things u want to add?

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM

BUMP!

RADmomma
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Nope. Sorry I'm in Maine.?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FL2AK
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I live in Texas. The cost of living is low and there are jobs. I do like that there are plenty of larger cities within a couple hours while being able to live in a small town.
blondie.mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I live in Oregon. COL is pretty low, but it also depends on where in Oregon you are. I like that we have all 4 seasons (again, depending on where you are in the state). We have mountains, beaches, forests, deserts, we have it all! Oregon is also very green. It does rain a lot in Portland, and the coast (more on the n coast than the s coast). The coast gets super windy. Jobs are available every where, even in our small town we are in right now.
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Pretty much.

Quoting blondie.mom:

I live in Oregon. COL is pretty low, but it also depends on where in Oregon you are. I like that we have all 4 seasons (again, depending on where you are in the state). We have mountains, beaches, forests, deserts, we have it all! Oregon is also very green. It does rain a lot in Portland, and the coast (more on the n coast than the s coast). The coast gets super windy. Jobs are available every where, even in our small town we are in right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danandsamsmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM

My husband is from Portland and his family is still there.  We visit every year.  Portland is a great city, but the rain would drive me crazy.  According to my mother in law, Portland has been hard hit by the recession.  Her house has lost a lot of value.  My understanding is that the unemployment rate is higher than the national average.

CjEmmemommy
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:45 PM
In texas. The area is expensive but over all texas is cheap. The economy is good, people are usuallu friendly, schools are good for the most part, the town has great shopping and is very safe but its hot hot hot hot.
The only negatives are hot, high taxes and not home for me (we are from colorado)
alli1204
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm in Texas. Born and raised. COL is cheap and jobs are available. I love Texas but it's basically like living on the surface of the sun in the summer. HOT. The heat is the only draw back IMO. Texas is beautifully amazing!!!
Cate1129
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I live in Texas, been here all my life. I love that its warm 9 months out of the year, I hate the mosquitos. Low cost of living where I am, high prop taxes though.

thickmamaof2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I'm in Texas and agree with what every one else said. super cheap, friendly atmosphere. Jobs, good food. but it's hot
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN