Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So freaked out! ( child sex offender related)

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM
  • 17 Replies
We have a playground close by in the next neighborhood that I like to take the kids to when its nice. I have a dd3 and ds1. I usually put them in the stroller and walk there. Well we went yesterday and this lady that lives there comes out of her house and tells me to be careful that in the house right at the end right by the playground lives a child sex offender. Apparently this guy sodomized and molested a 8 and 10 year old girls. I can't believe it. I'm so freaked out. She told me the whole neighborhood is trying to get rid of him but apparently our town doesn't have a law against him living right next to the playground. Wth?! This is a really nice area too and lots of families with children. The house this guy lives in is beautiful but kinda creepy because all the blinds are down and just a little crack open at the bottom. He probably stares at kids playing all day, sick! I'm just really scared to go there now especially alone with the kids:/ way to ruin my summer fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM

unfortuantely they are everywhere you go

but you should be fine. just carry your cell and some pepper spray

myownparadise
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Oh my! That would freak me out too! Hopefully something can be done soon. I don't think someone like that needs to be anywhere near a playground.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow.  Keep writing your local and state representatives about wanting that legislation.  And see if there are any groups or petitions going around that you can join in to try and make change.

But, I'll also advise you to make sure these stories are true before plunging into the fray.  Sometimes people start nasty rumors about reclusive old men that are entirely unfounded.

MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Yea for sure. I always carry my cell and I'm getting pepper spray now. I'm gonna drive by the house to get the address so I can look him up online so I know what he looks like.

Quoting silverdawn99:

unfortuantely they are everywhere you go

but you should be fine. just carry your cell and some pepper spray

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I would be scared too! Just always be on guard & keep your phone handy!
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I know. I can't believe he is right by the playground. I'm so disgusted. There should be a law against it.

Quoting myownparadise:

Oh my! That would freak me out too! Hopefully something can be done soon. I don't think someone like that needs to be anywhere near a playground.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Good luck! I was under the impression they sex offenders cannot live within so many miles of a school or playground
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I'm gonna drive by the house and get the address and search online to make sure.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Wow.  Keep writing your local and state representatives about wanting that legislation.  And see if there are any groups or petitions going around that you can join in to try and make change.

But, I'll also advise you to make sure these stories are true before plunging into the fray.  Sometimes people start nasty rumors about reclusive old men that are entirely unfounded.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Best of luck.

Quoting MommySarah986:

I'm gonna drive by the house and get the address and search online to make sure.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

kris0921
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I thought a sex offender couldnt live within so many miles of a playground or school. I guess I am wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)