Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

baby girl blues???

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 20 Replies
I'm 20 weeks pregnant & i just find out I'm having a baby girl. the doc said she's healthy & everything but for some reason i think i was happier before i knew the sex. You see my whole family thought she was a boy & i especially wanted a boy. I know the most important thing is that its a healthy baby but i must admit, I've been a little blue since i found out I'll be buying pink. I can't think of any names, i don't really want tho do my registry anymore, i just don't feel as happy as i did when i thought 'she' was a 'he'. I don't want my daughter to feel my emotion. Any advice ladies??
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Give yourself time to digest the news. When I found out DS was a boy, my dreams of ballet tutus, shopping and mother/daughter mani/pedis flew out the wi dow. I was upset but only for maybe a few days. Then I got excited for soccer games, tools and the chance to try to understand the world of boys.

If you find it's not getting better after awhile, please talk to your doctor and get help. Don't beat yourself up. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WendyJR
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Give yourself some time. I felt the same way when i found out DS was a boy instead of the girl i thought i so desperately wanted. I got used to the idea of a boy--and now wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. (i did get my DD on the second time around though). Girls are fun too.

Like a PP said talk to your Doc if it doesn't get any better for you. GL!

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!

I felt the same way when I found out my oldest was going to be a boy.  But, the moment I held him in my arms it really didn't matter at all that he wasn't what I thought I wanted.

Also, my mom thought I was going to be a boy.  When I was born and came out a girl, she told the doctor to take me back.  lol  Once she saw me though, the doctor asked if she still wanted to have me taken away and she told him that if he laid a hand on me it'd be the last thing he'd ever do.  

It's normal to grieve, but really I think you'll be thrilled when you meet your darling little girl.

Quoting saintnik88:

I'm 20 weeks pregnant & i just find out I'm having a baby girl. the doc said she's healthy & everything but for some reason i think i was happier before i knew the sex. You see my whole family thought she was a boy & i especially wanted a boy. I know the most important thing is that its a healthy baby but i must admit, I've been a little blue since i found out I'll be buying pink. I can't think of any names, i don't really want tho do my registry anymore, i just don't feel as happy as i did when i thought 'she' was a 'he'. I don't want my daughter to feel my emotion. Any advice ladies??

Lovemyshadows
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this

It's a little disappointing.  You'll find a name you love.  You'll see sweet little pink things.  You will adjust in no time.  Maybe some family name will be great.  

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Give yourself time, browse through the cute clothes section for girlies, look at the ribbons and bows, shoes and other girly things.
I felt the same way, as the Doc told me baby #2 was another boy. I so counted with a girl and actuallt felt cheated, I wanted my girl, I was longing for. He felt me being upset and kicked me. Later that week, as I told DS1, he's going to be a big brother of a baby brother, he gathered his cars and lined them up on my belly. From that moment on, my view changed. I was happy to have another.
Then, I had a surprise pregnancy (was on BC, but it failed), everyone said it's a girl. I told them all it's another boy and I was right. 3 boys and even thou, I still would love to have a girl, I am happy as hell.

saintnik88
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Thanx moms, I appreciate the positivity. your stories made me smile =) happy Easter!
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Give yourself time,
when you hold your little baby boy .. you'll love him to pieces :)

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  I was bummed at first when I found out my second son was a boy.  I wanted him to be a girl so we could name her after my mom who passed away.  Plus between my SO and I we have three boys already.  We did the next best thing and chose a name that my mom really liked.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Give yourself time to digest the news. When I found out DS was a boy, my dreams of ballet tutus, shopping and mother/daughter mani/pedis flew out the wi dow. I was upset but only for maybe a few days. Then I got excited for soccer games, tools and the chance to try to understand the world of boys.

If you find it's not getting better after awhile, please talk to your doctor and get help. Don't beat yourself up. =)

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Think of all the fun Mother/Daughter things you will get to do. 

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Mary Elizabeth is my mom's name.  Elizabeth Eileen is what we were going to name our baby if he had been a girl.

You can use it if you would like,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)