Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Local mom support / activity groups

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

Good afternoon, Im feeling a bit lonley on this journey although ive got a great fiance (he proposed in October and in Jan we found out we are expecting- surprise!) who tries hes best, I'd really like a mom group localy, but dont know how to find one.  Meet up.com has one in my area and it isnt very active. I was wondering if you gals knew of any other perhaps organizations or websites to look at to find something for this. Im surprised its so hard to find! Im in the Oakland CA, the east bay area.

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I think you'll like the Pregnancy group right here on CM, and there's a link there that takes you to groups for your specific due date. :)

Here's the link to Pregnancy:

and here's the link to the Due Date groups post:

Click Here to find your Due Date Group!

pinkfairy0206
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I'm all the way on the opposite side of you! Ny! Its the same here,hard to find friends
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Welcome to the group!  I am not in CA, but I can be in your online circle of friends.  I know what you mean about meetup.com.  There are a couple, but I haven't had much luck. 

Try:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3814

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Congrats on the baby and the wedding!!baby gift

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:06 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Welcome to the group,
You can make a lot of online friends for support ..
Congratulations on getting married & having a baby :)

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Try checking out mops.org. In a city like Oakland there is bound to be a group near you!
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:26 AM
When I was pregnant, the hospital where I delivered offered pre- and post-natal exercise classes. I found new moms there and after class (post natal) we would go to each other's houses for lunch. Almost 13 years later, I'm still great friends with some of them and our kids have grown up together and welcomed younger siblings. I would see if you have any of those in your area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zombiedollpinup
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I'm also far from you but i know how your feeling kinda if you wasn't to be online friends. This is my first but my boyfriends fourth kid so i feel like he isn't as excited. So I'm really lonely in this. This other three were perfect pregnancies he keeps telling me but mine has been rough we keep having probs were we keep thinking we lost the baby but he doesnt know what to do or say because his other ones were.perfect
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)