Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

menopause? im too young

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM
  • 15 Replies
I am 27. Had a hysterectomy in 09. They left both my ovaries due to my age. I have always since puberty had a cyst issue. I get them on my ovaries,bladder retching, they can be painful. I'm starting to think my ovaries may be shutting down. For two months I get hot and cold flashes. Bad pains in my ovarys. I'm irritable and exhausted all the time. No matter what diet and excercises I do o can't drop the weight I'm trying to lose. Could they be shutting down? Would they both do it together. The entirevreasons I have them is to avoid needing hormone replacement.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms-vero
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJess9
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM
You're never too young. Its less common, but menopause can happen at any age. A lot of times it has to do with genetics, do you know how old your mother was?
juansmommy
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM
My mom was in her late 30s. She's now almost 50. She too had a hysterectomy. My younger sister has Polly cystic and endometriosis. Endorsement is why I ended up needing mine. I was so anemic.
Liudmyla
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:57 PM

You need to go to the Dr. hormonal replacement might help you.

I am 28 and I am so sorry that you have to deal with it so young.

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I teach essential oil classes, there is a LOT of aesome hormone balancing blends if you want to try! i love oils because they balance whats goinhg on in your body instead of force your body to do something and oils help allow the body to heal itself. let me know if you want info

specialwingz
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:11 PM

A hysterectomy almost always triggers menopause, regardless of age.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Not always. It's the ovaries that produce the hormones. If the ovaries are left, it's technically called a "partial hysterectomy", and menopause will/can start when genetics kick in.

Removing the uterus, AND ovaries together is called a "complete hysterectomy", and will trigger menopause.

I had a partial hys 8 years ago, and have had no signs of starting menopause...yet.

OP make an appt to see your dr, and have your hormone levels checked. You might be starting peri-menopause. Still though, see your dr, figure out what's going on, and then you can decide what you need and what path you want to take.

Quoting specialwingz:

momforever049
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I had the same surgery at 22. My Dr said as long as I had my ovaries I did not need HRT. My ovulation was always very painful. I am now 64. Over the years I thought I was suffering symptoms like menopause, however...when I did hit menopause I could tell the difference. You need a complete work up on many issues. I wish I had a magic answer for you. My life was full of hormone confusion. I'm surprised I didn't end up in prison!! Good luck & get a good dr!!

specialwingz
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Apparently you missed the part where I said "almost".  {{{sigh}}}

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Not always. It's the ovaries that produce the hormones. If the ovaries are left, it's technically called a "partial hysterectomy", and menopause will/can start when genetics kick in.

Removing the uterus, AND ovaries together is called a "complete hysterectomy", and will trigger menopause.

I had a partial hys 8 years ago, and have had no signs of starting menopause...yet.

OP make an appt to see your dr, and have your hormone levels checked. You might be starting peri-menopause. Still though, see your dr, figure out what's going on, and then you can decide what you need and what path you want to take.

Quoting specialwingz:

NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I hope you can find some answers. So sad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)