Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you have more than 1 dog, I could really use some help.

Posted by   + Show Post

We have a male 18 pound terrier.  DD (visiting) has 20 pound female Corgi. DS (visiting) has 75 pound female (lab/pit mix).  The famales HATE each other. This holiday is becoming a disaster, we have 1 or both crated in different rooms all the time.  It appears to be the Corgi instigating (out of fear, we think) just barks and lunges. The lab/pit is is trying to ignore the situation but is getting so stressed, she just paces. 

Is there anyway to get these 2 dogs to get along?  My male dog gets along with both with no problems.

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Replies (21-25):
AMom29
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:46 PM

In that short amount of time? no.

Des10ed2b
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:56 PM

nope. not really. just have them take turns on who gets to be out and who doesnt. that is what we have to do between my sisters dogs and my moms dogs when she comes to visit and stays at my moms. 

TamaraDawn91
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Watch the corgi, when she shows intent to act (before she acts) snap her out of it by grabbing her attention and redirecting it. If that doesn't work the leash the corgi to you and when she starts acting up, jerk the leash enough get her attention, but not enough to hurt her.

JoyXtwo
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM
In a nut shell, the corgi has behavioural issues. It needs to be socialized, and trained. It also sounds like its spoiled. Is it treated like a princess? That will always give a dog a complex. A dog is a dog, not a person not a baby.
ochoa.mama
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Bigger dogs are more mellow, it takes time. I have my kids Grandma move in few months ago & I have very mellow Rottweiler & she has a very hipper aggressive German shepherd & it took about 2months to get along. Never separate them. He's still very damanant tho,but my rotti now ignores him
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN