Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What happens after your due date past?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:55 PM
  • 17 Replies
My oldest sister is pregnant with her first baby!! Omg! I'm just soo happy! Her due date passed 3 days ago,& nothing has happened, lol it's like I'm just waiting for her to call and say it's time!
Anyways this had never happened to me, I'm always on my due date or before,I know everybody is different,but how many days past your due date before they induced you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:56 PM

LOL it depends on the doctor.  My SIL's doctor would not induce until she was over a week past due but she ended up going into labor 8 days past her due date, the night before they were going to induce her (by request).

TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:56 PM

They usually give you up to 2 weeks after.  Anywhere from 38-42 weeks is considered a normal gestation. Most docs consider you full term at 37.

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I was induced almost 14 days after my due date
Liudmyla
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Dr. induced me almost a week past my due date. We tried having sex on a due date and it didn't help lol.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I was a week late and they kept pushing induction back.  I started on my own but they used the meds to help speed it up.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I woke up in labor 5 hours before I had to be in the hospital for an induction, 10 days past my due date, with my 1st.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM
At almost 41 weeks, I had a non-stress test. DS was fine but my fluid was low so we scheduled another non-stress test and induction for the following Monday and Tuesday. He was born that Sunday. With DD, she was late but before any additional testing was scheduled. I was also more dialated with her at 40 weeks than I was with DS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.stella.
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I went to 41 wks with my first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:44 AM

depends on the doctor and the area...and the pregnancy... sometimes only a couple of days sometimes they let it go a couple of weeks

TableforSeven
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Depends on the OB - with my first, they would not induce until I was 2 weeks past my due date. With my second - they would only allow me to go 1 week past my due date.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN