Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

it is mind blowing how... (piog)

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM
  • 11 Replies
Some people have their driver's license! I exited the highway to go to the main street to go home. It exits into a traffic circle. I stop..look both ways and continue. I have to go half way around the circle to my exit but the view is blocked by a pillar. I took the turn and coming straight at me is an suv going against traffic. He didn't even flinch as if we were playing chicken. I swerved to avoid a head on collision and almost hit the wall. My eight yr old screamed, "A CAR!!!!" And began crying which caused the my one yr old to cry. I exited the traffic circle shaking. How can assholes drive this way?!?!?!?.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I often wonder this myself
thatgirl70
by Carin on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I ask that question every freaking day. And we just bought a new SUV, so I'm like extra cautious now, hoping nobody will hit us.

marinenonstop
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:46 PM
See i understand the fear with just buying an suv. When i first started driving my ambulance i swore i was going to hit everything because it was so huge compared to my little sports car. However going the wrong way in a traffic circle ??? Its just reckless. AND there are "one way" signs pointing in the right direction. Wtf??!! Lol

Quoting thatgirl70:

I ask that question every freaking day. And we just bought a new SUV, so I'm like extra cautious now, hoping nobody will hit us.

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:36 AM

It is mind blowing how these people are able to get and keep a drivers license but can not follow signs. 

xLilBit22
by La Melodia on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Glad yall are okay. I wouldve been shaky too. I think im weird though i can drive our new suv way better than i could drive our previous car. Im very cautious though.
skymama10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:50 AM
We've got a few traffic circles in my city. More than one semi has gotten stuck because they went in the wrong direction. People also stop in the middle if the circle. Those things are simply accidents waiting to happen.
marinenonstop
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I partially wondered if they were drunk. Scary. When my son stopped crying he asked, "was that person a moron? Or did we do something wrong?" And i said, "no baby..that person was def a moron! Thankfully we're ok though and no one's hurt!"

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

It is mind blowing how these people are able to get and keep a drivers license but can not follow signs. 

marinenonstop
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Thanks. Its an adjustment with switching from a smaller car to an suv..however suvs i feel are sturdy. They don't have the maneuverability that smaller cars do, but if you know what you're doing they're awesome.

Quoting xLilBit22:

Glad yall are okay. I wouldve been shaky too. I think im weird though i can drive our new suv way better than i could drive our previous car. Im very cautious though.

marinenonstop
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Very true. I saw a semi get stuck in that circle (he was too large to make the turn), but a police officer came quickly to help warn on comers that the truck was stuck. Its dangerous to enter a traffic circle if you don't know what you're doing.

Quoting skymama10:

We've got a few traffic circles in my city. More than one semi has gotten stuck because they went in the wrong direction. People also stop in the middle if the circle. Those things are simply accidents waiting to happen.

RADmomma
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:17 AM
There are tons of circles here in Maine. Some ppl drive them everyday and are still horrible. But I'm originally from Massachusetts which is know for bad drivers so Maine is an improvement!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN