Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you shop at Thrift stores? why?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:49 AM
  • 118 Replies
Isn't a thrift store where they sell used stuff? Or am I wrong? I went into one by my house and the only thing I will get will be a belt lol. Do you buy clothes there? And how do they get all that stuff? Others have used it and give it away right?

Ps. I'm not looking down on anyone,as much as some will think. I would love to find nice stuff for cheap and I wanted to know where that clothes came from. It was a question and trust I'm far from having money at all.cheap is my middle name but unfortunately I can't find those stores here
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tea4Tas
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:54 AM
2 moms liked this

You do know that regular stores frequently sell used clothes also right?  People buy a suit say for $200 tuck the tag in -wear it to an interview and then return it for full credit.  In fact the more expensive the store is, the more LIKELY it is that will happen.  

You have issues with hotels and the sheets 1000 people have screwed on?

KayLundy3
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Depends in where you go.. I've been ti some that are awful.. but there is one near me that I like.. went in last month..... I bought five movies for $1 five books for $2 found the custest Osh Kosh jumpers for my girls along with a few more really pretty spring dresses.. my total for 15 items was $10.. I have never been into the womens section.. my friend did find some luggage there though that she loves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:55 AM
It's different those are wash and if people return stuff they wore it one time. Plus I have only been in one hotel in my life. Now the clothes I saw looked old and not wash that's why I ask. I don't mind getting a bag or furniture but I can't see myself wearing that clothes.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

You do know that regular stores frequently sell used clothes also right?  People buy a suit say for $200 tuck the tag in -wear it to an interview and then return it for full credit.  In fact the more expensive the store is, the more LIKELY it is that will happen.  

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Most of my kids clothes and some of mine and dh's come from thrift shops, rummage sales and yard sales. I like to hunt for buried treasure ( great quality name brand clothes in current styles). It saves a ton and no one can tell I get them at thrift shops. They usually buy clothes off of people then sell them.
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:57 AM
3 moms liked this
I LOVE thrift stores. You can find some amazing treasures in the furniture section that only need a little TLC to make them into beautiful one of a kind things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Maybe the one I went gave me a bad impression,Brooklyn its not known for thrift shops lol

Quoting KayLundy3:

Depends in where you go.. I've been ti some that are awful.. but there is one near me that I like.. went in last month..... I bought five movies for $1 five books for $2 found the custest Osh Kosh jumpers for my girls along with a few more really pretty spring dresses.. my total for 15 items was $10.. I have never been into the womens section.. my friend did find some luggage there though that she loves.
kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I will like to see those stores I hear so much about. But I doubt I will find that here.

Quoting norahsmommy:

Most of my kids clothes and some of mine and dh's come from thrift shops, rummage sales and yard sales. I like to hunt for buried treasure ( great quality name brand clothes in current styles). It saves a ton and no one can tell I get them at thrift shops. They usually buy clothes off of people then sell them.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:59 AM
You can get new clothes with tags on them here. Its no different than a store. Many people tried it on, or its been ought and returned etc.
lovehimforever
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Kid to kid mostly. Don't really care for good will or salvation army
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this
You should wash clothes before you wear them, thrift store r not.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

It's different those are wash and if people return stuff they wore it one time. Plus I have only been in one hotel in my life. Now the clothes I saw looked old and not wash that's why I ask. I don't mind getting a bag or furniture but I can't see myself wearing that clothes.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)