Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

feeling fat not pregnant:(

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:51 AM
  • 16 Replies
I've been struggling with this issue for a week or so now, and I can't seem to shake it! I know I'm pregnant, and that my growing belly is a home for my son, however I don't see myself that way, I see my self as gross, over weight. Is there any other women that have struggled with this? Please help!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel.  How far along are you?  Have you talked to you OB about how you are feeling?hugs

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
It's ok to feel that way I believe,
However do talk to your OB doctor so they can help you ;)

jessica11242011
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM
How far along are you? I think everyone goes through a "fat" feeling stage at some point. Keep your head up : )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I'm sorry you're feeling that way. ((HUGS)) and I think you should talk to your doctor about your feelings, too. You could be experiencing depression triggered by the hormonal changes in your body from the pregnancy.

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh I can relate. I feel like that on and off throughout my entire pregnancy. Kind of depends on my mood that day. DH keeps telling me to relax, be pregnant and enjoy it...as in eat and don't worry about it, but it's hard! We put a lot of pressure on ourselves(women) to look good and then when something like pregnancy comes along that we have no control over it can be hard to accept!

Anyway, I find taking a few moments to do my hair and makeup, dress a little nice...of if you have time get your nails or hair done professionally, can be a real confidence booster. We have to find ways to remember that this pregnancy is only temporary, and that we are beautiful...even more so when we are creating life!

forsakenjewl24
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:24 PM

me now! i'm 7 weeks almost 8 and i feel just fat. i look it till i eat but even then i get bloated and it's like gosh darnit i feel fat or i'm bloated i can't just be a pregnant lady!  i'm already uncomfortable laying down. 3rd pregnancy  2nd baby! so it may be a bit different for me and you. but still same comcept! ugh i feel ya! it sucks

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's a pretty common reaction, but once that little bundle of joy starts kicking you in the ribs, I think it will go away, at least that's what did it for me. Good luck, and congrats.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Focus on healthy eating and exercise instead of actual weight and the tummy area  or man you will really be upset later when the stomach is as big or bigger than a basketball.

xLilBit22
by La Melodia on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Sometimes i feel that way but i try not to. Im about to be 25wks and i know i could probably be wayyy bigger and i actually have a smaller belly than some of my friends did at this time but i still freak out once in a while.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I felt that way every time I stepped on the dang scale at the doc's office. I gained 50lbs with my last pregnancy in total and looked huge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN