Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The Colony-apocalyptic experiment

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm watching this show where the throw 10 people in a simulated end of the world type expirament to see if they can be build society. They are there for 10 weeks. My first question is how did the find space to replicate a busted down post apocalyptic las Angeles. My second question is if these are actors. When they volunteered they knew how long they had but they act like they honestly believe and never remember its only for 2.5 months. Their lives aren't really in danger and they know that, so I'm not really understanding. It's on Netflix if anyone wants to watch it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RADmomma
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I've seen the first season. I had the same questions as you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM

???  Nver heard of it,  My guess is that most of the 'scenes' are being done on a sound stage with digital magic

little.one0216
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I mean, the big question is how in the heck a place as big as LA is reconstructed, cause I know they didnt evacuate LA. Now, with that being said. The acting comment I made. I just saw where they are being "attacked". Common sense tells you that they have volunteered and while they surely signed an at risk statement saying if they got hurt the producers werent liable. But common sense also says that the producers arent going to try to cause them harm. With that being said, they see other "looters" who have never said a word to them, and yet they are reasoning with them not to hurt them, telling htem they are just trying to survive as well. Im not sure if that is for the drama or what. I mean I know Id be thinking "oh, the show staged this".

Quoting RADmomma:

little.one0216
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Another reason I think its semi fake, Allison (the blonde nurse) is shot doing her make up in the grubby bathroom. I mean, really?

Quoting RADmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)