Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

anyone mom of or recovering "cutter" ?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have a friend I met because I am a motivational speaker she said she's cutting and needs and wants help but she feels like her mom will hate her. I am trying to get her to go to her school counselor and offered to go with her. She is alone a lot, has issues. Makes me so angry parents think teens can raise themselves? They still have a lot of things they need help with, they need emotional nurturing and attention. They don't learn to love or value themselves by being alone all the time!  :(

I want to help her, she might have bi-polar depression she thinks. I messaged her mom about giving her an essential oil to help curb her smoking cravings too. her mom thinks she stopped but she hasn't stopped smoking.  any one here used to cut or had a kid that cut and got help?

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ms-vero
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chayaj17
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Hey im am a Recovering cutter so if you want. I am more than willing to give you info about Self Injury.

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:36 PM

BUMP!

friendlymom5
by Lisa on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I used to cut and so did my dd. I got her into counseling and she is on meds to help with the depression. It got bad but she hasnt cut in awhile now. I havent cut in 12 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessie3398
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:42 PM
My oldest used to....she saw a thbeapist fo about 6 months and hasent done it in years....good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN