Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

silly putty

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 15 Replies
How many of you moms know what it is, and what it can do or not lol. Ds got it in his Easter basket, but he's just not ready for it imo. Anyways so i have it as my thing for Easter. I was just curious how many people know what it is, I'm 24. My parents got it all the time growing up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM

DD loves it and has for a few years now.   It is one of the tools we use for her fine motor skills and finger manipulations.   I am still learning what all it can do and i am in my 30s.  I love playing with it.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:32 PM
How old is your son? It can do pretty much anything. Lift newspaper print, bounce, roll, stretch.
Victorine5
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Ok I'm old. Silly putty is fun and cool, I would not give it to very very young children. We use to spread it over comic books and the figure would be on the putty . Not alot to do with it really.
Victorine5
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Oh you guys(girls) are good, I forgot all those things you do with silly putty. You brought it all back to me thank you!
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I had it all the time when I was a kid it was AWESOME!!

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:12 PM
He's three, I really don't want to give it to him yet. My mom made the mistake of giving it to my brothers around four and it ended in the pockets of jeans.

Quoting ScrChk23:

How old is your son? It can do pretty much anything. Lift newspaper print, bounce, roll, stretch.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I can see that happening. One reason we don't give my SS2.5 playdough yet.

Quoting Bookoholic:

He's three, I really don't want to give it to him yet. My mom made the mistake of giving it to my brothers around four and it ended in the pockets of jeans.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Play dough when mom feels like it at the table, probably will do the same with the putty but for now its mine lol.

Quoting ScrChk23:

I can see that happening. One reason we don't give my SS2.5 playdough yet.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting ScrChk23:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I was super paranoid with it.  Whenever she was done, it had to go in the egg right away.   Only one of her ponys got covered in putty during a texture experiment.  She htought she could lift the texture of hair into the putty.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting ScrChk23:

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I spent hours with silly putty as a kid. I used to copy the Sunday funnies with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)