Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

am i wrong

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:48 PM
  • 25 Replies
My situation is this I'm 20 and adopted 2 families one is biological and one is adopted I'm adopted but a lot happened with my family and I'm 7 weeks pregnant when my baby comes is it OK to keep my baby away from my family like I say this my adopted family put me through a lot I'm still reaping the pain from it and my real family we don't have a bond it almost like I never existed in there lives basically and my boyfriend is encouraging this Iwant my baby to have a family but neither family is decent 7 weeks and 3 days
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ebbierowe
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:50 PM
3 moms liked this
You don't have to have your baby around anyone you don't want them around
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Punctuation is your friend. 

You can keep your baby away from anyone you choose.

Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry I have no idea what your asking as you just have one long run on sentence.

ikeepfaith
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I'm so sorry for my pucuation what I'm saying is am I'm wrong for keeping my baby away from my family
ikeepfaith
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I feel what your saying but I kind of feel bad because I grew up with uncles aunts and everything but my baby won't because of the poor choices my family has done and put me through its like am I wrong

Quoting ebbierowe:

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:57 PM

If you don't want them in your future childs life, so be it. You're the parent, you'll choose what's right and wrong.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Make sure your own family is strong, positive, and well grounded. (You, boyfriend, baby). Once you make sure you are on a good path, good people will come into your life. Family can be defined many ways, nit just by blood or court decree
ikeepfaith
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:16 PM
This is so true we make our own family and yes we are strong. I wonder if they will even reach out to me since I'm pregnant i havnt told anyone really but if they find out and don't reach out I.think illl.just. .disown.them. my child didn't do anything it came in. This.world. wanting to be loved

Quoting calsmom62:

Make sure your own family is strong, positive, and well grounded. (You, boyfriend, baby). Once you make sure you are on a good path, good people will come into your life. Family can be defined many ways, nit just by blood or court decree

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:48 PM

You have to decide if having a family for your baby is more important than the poor decisions and the results of those poor decisions and the pain you're still living with.

So basically, is a bad family better than no family?

Sometimes people and circumstances change, if you don't want your baby around either of your families, that's your decision, this is your familial side, IMHO your bf should support it.

What about your bf's side of the family? Doesn't he have parents, uncles, aunts, cousins?

Quoting ikeepfaith:

I feel what your saying but I kind of feel bad because I grew up with uncles aunts and everything but my baby won't because of the poor choices my family has done and put me through its like am I wrong

Quoting ebbierowe:

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:52 PM

do what is right for your child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)