Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Advice on Essure?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 21 Replies

I was considering getting Essure done. My husband and I are on our fourth child, all boys, and I am ok with that. I want to get a permanent procedure to make sure I never have to worry about getting pregnant again. I am thinking about Essure, any advice? Any info on it? I have been on their site but its sponsered by Essure so of course everything on it is all good things. Its been around since 2002. ANNNNYYWAY I would love to hear from other moms!!

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomTiara19
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:39 AM

I am unsure about Essure.Yet I would wait until age 50 to make things permanent.....no matter how sure you are...you never want to say never .....until never is more biologically inclined.

Try depot shots or tubes tied?

slmolter
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM

the depot shots made me gain 30 pounds and tubes tied is just as permanent as Essure. I have four little boys, I would just rather be done, I dont want to be 10 years down the line and have an opps baby that would screw up my older kids college fund because birth control didnt work. Plus I really dont want to have to worry about birth control ever again. It makes me crazy, like literally crazy, my poor husband has to deal with me. Its not fun.

AngieDawn28
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM

i had the essure placed two and a half years ago. i haven't had any issues with it. my doctor put me under to place it, but i was in and out within a few hours. there was some discomfort for about a or so afterwards, but that's it.

i'd recommend it.

TaylorBaby
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM

don't do it. i have heard nothing but bad things about it from friends.

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Why doesn't your husband get fixed? It is much easier for them.

MamaJess9
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I posted a few months ago looking for info about it too.  I didn't get very many responses.  I'm still on the fence about it.  It sounds good in theory, but then I have also found some horror stories online.  But you can find those on ANY form of BC, so I don't know what to think.  

AtillaTheHun
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I had it done about 1 1/2 years ago. The day of the procedure I went on with my daily routine. There was no recovery time at all. Very light spotting afterwards but no cramps or discomfort of any kind, nothing. I recommend it. :) 

MamaJess9
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM

In the case of Essure, it's actually not.  There is no cutting involved at all.  Look up this specific procedure.  

Quoting Kathy489:

AtillaTheHun
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Yeah, that was my husband´s biggest argument lol! 

Quoting MamaJess9:

In the case of Essure, it's actually not.  There is no cutting involved at all.  Look up this specific procedure.  

Quoting Kathy489:

AtillaTheHun
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I have several friends who had the procedure done, too, and none of them has anything negative to say :) If you are uncertain, maybe it would help to consult your OB/GYN and let him answer all the questions you may have? The internet will only confuse you more. What works for one might not work for the other, one has complications where the other one doesn´t... Always the same thing :) 

Quoting MamaJess9:

I posted a few months ago looking for info about it too.  I didn't get very many responses.  I'm still on the fence about it.  It sounds good in theory, but then I have also found some horror stories online.  But you can find those on ANY form of BC, so I don't know what to think.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)