Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Were you a bad/crazy teen?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM
  • 79 Replies

When I hit 13 I became really depressive and rebellious. I started smoking cigarettes, I drank and went to parties on occasions, snuck out, rode in friend's cars when I wasn't allowed to. Wouldn't come home for hours past curfew, smoked pot, etc. I never really went out of control, and I grew out of it by 16, 17. My grandma says I was an angel compared to my mom. My mom was stealing cars, doing hardcore drugs, etc. I'm hoping my kids will be an agel compared to me lol. I admit, I am a little nervous for my small kids to become teens. I just hope that if we can maintain a good relationship and can share with each other. I just hope my kids won't be afraid to come to me and not be scared of how I am going to react. 

So were you a bad teen? (Stories?)

How will/did you handle your teen's rebellious behavior? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angeleyes16
by Danielle on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

bump

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elliotmommytobe
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I ran away a few times for weeks at a time. Smoked pot skipped school stole my parents car. Got pregnant and grew up a lot
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM
no, never saw the point of rebellion as a teen. no one benefits and it seems it is always filled with regrets.
angeleyes16
by Danielle on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM

How do you plan to discipline/parent your teen?

Quoting lapcounter:

No.

New2011Mom1991
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM
My family considered me to be a bad teen, but I don't think I was. My mom was a drink and in my teens I realized I can't and don't want to be around that so I would try to go places, and I would tell her off about her issues and how I didn't like it and all that. I only got to go to a few friends' houses and to se my bf at that time. It sucked in a way, but oh well.
angeleyes16
by Danielle on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM

True. I'm glad I smartened up before I went too much out of control. I have no regrets to some stuff I did. Live and learn. =) 

Quoting Roo1234:

no, never saw the point of rebellion as a teen. no one benefits and it seems it is always filled with regrets.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Probably the same way my parents did us, you get respect and room to breath from them unless you do something extremely stupid. Neither my brother or I ever did anything bad or crazy, but unlike a lot of teens now we had respect for our parent's and authority.

Quoting angeleyes16:

Quoting lapcounter:

No.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeleyes16
by Danielle on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:22 AM
That's how I want it to be with my kids also. I didn't have any respect for my mom for a lot of reasons. So that is probably why I rebelled.
Quoting lapcounter:

Probably the same way my parents did us, you get respect and room to breath from them unless you do something extremely stupid. Neither my brother or I ever did anything bad or crazy, but unlike a lot of teens now we had respect for our parent's and authority.

Quoting angeleyes16:

Quoting lapcounter:

No.

Paigesmommy78
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I was a bit of a bad kid smoked pot tried some hard drugs under age drinking partying skipped school all the time but I never got caught and still keep pretty good grades so i was never really that bad my mom still doesn't kno half the shit I did and I always had a great relationship with my mom so yeah idk about my DD I mean they got to live and learn but if she's anything like me we might be in for it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN