Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A week and 4 days --newly adopted son

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM
  • 11 Replies
My son has a friend that has stayed at our house since 20th of March. Nice young man (15) ... Reason he came over was because his mom and him were arguing .... He asked to come over I said as long as it was ok with her ...... She brought him some stuff last weekend but texted him and he went out to the car for it we have not spoken or anything for that matter ....well she picked him up last night and still nothing just texted him and he was gone .... Maybe it's just me but that's just odd to me ... I totally good with him staying but she doesn't know me ... And she just left him no questions asked .... No is it ok if so and so stays ... No ....thanks for having him over ... No.... are you a serial killer ? (I'm not ...but still ) ... Nothing at all. It was like she didn't care .... I figured he'd go home on Saturday so she could do Easter with him (he's an only child ) Guess again me ..she didn't I ended up getting him a chocolate Easter bunny and some other small stuff ... Am I the only person this seems odd to ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yezay
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Sounds like moms very selfish and now has someone else to worry about her son so she can be off galavanting around town.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I think it's odd as well, but my daughter has a good friend in a similar sitch.  It sucks for the child, that's for sure.  

koolest_mom_of4
by The Illegal one on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Like I said I don't mind it but I feel bad for him :/
MamaSusieQ045
by Susie on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:54 AM
That's sad :-(
koolest_mom_of4
by The Illegal one on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I want to think that she's texted him through out the last week and a half but I'm really not sure
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Very weird on her part.
onethentwins
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a young man, well he's 21 now but he's been living in my house since he was 18, I've never met his mother, ever. 

My house has always been teen central, they're all about 20 now but they've been having weekend sleep overs at my house for about 8 years. Some of them I've never met their parents, they just text or honk their horns outside when they want their kids to come home.

All the kids are charming and respectful and i love them all, but I have to wonder what kind of parents would let their kids spend so much time and sleep at someone else's house that they didn't know. I wonder if they assume we're ok because we're white and have a big house. IDK, yes very odd. 

koolest_mom_of4
by The Illegal one on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I'm Glad I'm Not The only one
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Poor fella.  I am sure he enjoys the non drama though he may have gone through alot of nonsense in his own home.  As long as he follows the house rules, he would be a welcome guest in my home.

koolest_mom_of4
by The Illegal one on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM
He is very welcome ... We enjoy having him over :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)