Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

iud's

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM
  • 15 Replies
Does anyone or did anyone have an iud and did you like it? And would you recommend it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I used one long ago & loved it,
Definitely speak with your doctor though to see what they would say :)

SkylarBeth
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I love the copper iud, no hormones and lasts up to 10 years!
yezay
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I can't have hormones so I have to use the paraguard IUD.  i'm not sure how I feel about it but it's my best options now.  I do like that it doesn't have hormones and I can never remember to take the pill.

paganmommy4
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Yes and heck no

Mami2Zoe
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I had Mirena for 5 years and just had it removed. The pros were I never had to remember to take a pill, no period for 5 years. Cons for me were always feeling pregnant(moodiness, trouble loosing weight, tender breast)
I had it removed in Feb and I've already lost 10lbs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazy_house0317
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I had both and hated them...the mirena messed with my moods real bad and with the paraguard i had horrible cramps and my periods were much heavier. Definitely talk To your doc before hand.
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I did. My body didn't agree with it, so I had to get it removed. I'm not sure if I would recommend it or not. I guess not, they are expensive to get and if things go south you end up with thousands of dollars in medical bills.
harleysmom30
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I had my mirena for 5 years and loved it! I will definitely be getting one again after this pregnancy. But I have two friends that hated theirs. Guess it depends on your body.
kleonard2013
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Thanks ladies! My doctor is recommending it for me because I have a very heavy cycle and my insurgences will pay for it! So I think I'm going to try it!
FL_Single_Momma
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM
I had my 10yr iud for 3yrs and lost it. Now I'm 15wks pregnant with my 3rd and no help from the douche I was dating. My opinion, don't get the cooper iud.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)