Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you believe in the power of intuition or "gut feeling"

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:48 AM
  • 47 Replies

I cant explain it,but theres someone I grew up with who recently came back into my life...everytime this person comes around or contacts me my guard goes up. I cant put my finger on it,but somethings just not right. When she calls me our conversations are not out of the ordinary or anything,but I always hang up feeling like I need to stop talking to this person. This isnt right. This person doesnt have good intentions. I mean this feeling is STRONG. Last week I was eerily depressed for 2 whole days after talking to her. I couldnt figure out why I was so worried and sad,but the next day I didnt take her calls or texts and I was just fine. I guess what Im trying to ask is,is it okay to sever ties based on pure instinct? If so do you owe the person an explanation?

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM
4 moms liked this
I think so, and no i dont think you owe an explanation. I find that when I don't listen to my intuition, I regret it. Every time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hunnybunny2001
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I have totally felt that way about someone.... follow your feelings...
wulfeyes05
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Yes I do and have found it can keep you out of harms way

locaporbebe
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Always trust your gut.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM

yes I do

Momyplease
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:55 AM
agree. me too

Quoting shadow_lark:

I think so, and no i dont think you owe an explanation. I find that when I don't listen to my intuition, I regret it. Every time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imuney
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Quoting shadow_lark:

This! Only every other time Ive ever felt it I had something more to go on like maybe the person said or did something that gave me a clue to get the heck out of there. This time is different.I feel bad because I dont want to feel like im judging her without reason,but man I dont feel right in her presence whether its physically or just on the phone or even online.
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Then listen to it. Distance yourself for a while. It will either blow over, or the reason your hackles are up will become clear.

Quoting imuney:

Quoting shadow_lark:

This! Only every other time Ive ever felt it I had something more to go on like maybe the person said or did something that gave me a clue to get the heck out of there. This time is different.I feel bad because I dont want to feel like im judging her without reason,but man I dont feel right in her presence whether its physically or just on the phone or even online.
imuney
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I agree...im already distancing myself.
Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I use it at work all the time.  I have worked at the same store for over 12 years.  I can usually pick out the scammers as the walk through the door.  They just give off a certain vibe, you know?  At work they call me their "Secret Service!"  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)