Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

supervised visits

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 10 Replies
My husband and i start our supervises visits next week with our kids. What should i expect? What should i bring with me? And can they take toys back with them to their foster home? Am i able to bring snacks with me?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pamelax3
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I have no idea! I hope you have a great visit

Lovemyshadows
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM

BUMP

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I don't have experience with this but here's a bump for other moms to see.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I would ask your caseworker or the family fostering them.  I personally would keep the toys with me so they dont get lost back at the foster home.

zdennis
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Thanks
zdennis
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM
My caseworker is useless. Lol
BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I would bring snacks
toys
A camera
And board game a book maybe you can read whenever you see them

Why don't you have your kids?
ramita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM
You should bring stuff to do with the kids and yes snacks are welcomed under most cases. If you don't mind the toys not coming back then yes send the toys. Things get lost and forgotten so just expect to not see it again.
Mary762
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:24 AM

When my SD's were having supervised visits, BM was not allowed to bring anything. Because we met at a local Hardees she was allowed to buy them a happy meal there! She was only allowed to bring her husband or her mom with her at the visits. They were a hour long and no more....What she was allowed was determined by us and why we put restrictions on her was because of her home enviroment!!

MOMMYSLOVE13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:50 AM

My husband has children with his ex and she had them taken away when I first met him. He was not able to care for them because he lived with his brother and that was a 1 bedroom apartment. Anyways, he would take things for them but they did not get to keep it until they went back home to their mother. We were never told not to bring things and just assumed they got to keep it. We sometimes had the visitation at the office building. SOmetimes we went to places like Peter Piper Pizza, Chuck e CHeese and even the zoo. I always took a camera with me. This is what I know that could be done years ago in Texas. With proper notice, family memeber could go to visit too. Good luck and hope it all works out for you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)