Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Two 'Dangerous' Inmates Escaped From Texas Jail

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • Two 'Dangerous' Inmates Escaped From Texas Jail (ABC News)
    View Photo

ABC News - Two 'Dangerous' Inmates Escaped From Texas Jail (ABC News)

Texas authorities are using helicopters and dogs to search for two "dangerous" Texas inmates who escaped from jail this morning by squeezing through a gate, leaving behind their black and white prison suits on the railroad tracks behind the jail.

Authorities believe Brian Tucker, 44, and John King, 39, escaped from Hopkins County Jail in Sulphur Springs, Texas, at around 8:30 a.m. today.

"Both are considered dangerous," Deputy Alvin Jordan of the Hopkins County Sheriff's Office told ABCNews.com.

Area schools are on lockdown and businesses are on high alert, according to police.

Tucker was awaiting trial in jail for capital murder charges and King had been indicted for evading arrest.

"They were put out on rec yard to have outside rec and undoubtedly squeezed through the gate and took off," Jordan said. "We did find their black and whites about 100 yards behind the facility."

Tucker and King were both segregated from other inmates because of the types of crimes they have committed, according to Jordan.

It is unknown what the men are wearing, whether they may have used some kind of transportation after leaving the jail yard and whether they are still together, Jordan said.

Asked if there is any reason to believe they could be armed, Jordan said, "At this point, unless they picked up anything from here to where they're at, the weapons part is unknown."

Their only known connection at this time is that they were inmates at the same time in the same jail with no known previous ties.

Authorities are warning people to be careful and call 911 if they see the men.

"If they're spotted, make sure they lock their doors, call 911 and tell us what area they're in," Jordan said. "Don't try to let them approach you."

Tucker is 5-foot-7-inches and about 170 pounds. He has brown eyes, brown hair and multiple tattoos. King is 5-foot-8-inches and 165 pounds. He has black hair, hazel eyes and multiple tattoos.

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM
How lovely glad I'm in a different part of the state. Although we had an image escape last week. In my county and I don't think they ever found him hmm better make sure the shotgun is loaded
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Why is the word dangerous in quotes?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pamelax3
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Me too! I am in South Texas

Quoting Fields456:

How lovely glad I'm in a different part of the state. Although we had an image escape last week. In my county and I don't think they ever found him hmm better make sure the shotgun is loaded

Lovemyshadows
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Excuse me for a minute, I have to go make sure my doors are locked....

Ok, all doors and windows locked.  

pamelax3
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I have no idea.. I just copied from Yahoo

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Haven't heard about this but hopefully, I am far enough away in the SE part of Texas from them.  My door is always locked regardless...........hope they catch them soon

Mommy2AmaznKids
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Scary,hope they are caught soon.

katvixenstar
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Maybe the person wrote the article didnt want to/know how to spell the word allegedly, so they just put quotations around the word dangerous instead?

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Scarey.
I hope they caugh them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN