Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

bab shower ideas HELP

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 11 Replies
I need some ideas. Ok, my friend's baby was due may 17, but Emileigh just couldn't wait that long. She was born on January 19th weighing 1lb 2oz. Needless to say she's still in the nicu & will be for a few more months. My friend is staying at the Ronald mc Donald house & hasn't left Emileigh's side except for a few hours a day to eat or sleep. We never got to throw her a baby shower because she went into labor so early. So we're thinking about giving her one in a few weeks just to get her out of the hospital around some adult company, without a nursing degree, & try to lift her spirits. I'm sure you nicu mommies know how stressful that life can be. So I'm coming to you wonderful ladies to ask for shower ideas for a mommy who has already had her baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christinarb
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM
My baby shower theme is baby lion king.. Nd its on Saturday.. Maybe u can do that.. ?
Proud.mama.of2
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I'm Actually Looking For Like Game Ideas
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Diapers.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't really do anything different but add her pictures, maybe a personalized slide show of her journey and how much she's grown!

Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Pinterest has tons of ideas. I would check then out.
mommyluvspandas
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM

We played baby bingo and pin the bottle on the baby. Most of the people said that they had a lot of fun playing those games.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I would also do unconventional gift ideas or requests too. Maybe have a pool for NICU release date and winner gets 50% and the rest goes to mom to help with bills. Maybe see if people can help pay for bills as well and when she comes home she is going to need lots of specialized care.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I will get back to you on the games.
Lizrami
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Maybe like planes it can be New Arrival or happy spring colors to make her feel good:) or pretty in pink zebra print..
Try Pintrest they have so many ideas!! :) good luck planning and best wishes to your friend and her lil girl♥♥
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Has the nursery been decorated at her home? Not too much of a party at the NICU, but you could decorate it and takes pics of the decorating. Maybe make a small photo album or scrapbook and give it to her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)