Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

need help in the right direction

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hey Ladies,

I am 29 years old and had my little girl when I was 20. I had lived the picture perfect life with her father then one day I found out he was cheating for 2 of the 7 years and he left me. I kind of went off the deep end and after a year and a half of being single started drinking and partying all the time so he took full custody. It has been 2 years since I have soke to her or seen her and I now have my own apartment a steady job and starting to save some money in the bank. This has never been to the courts so my question to yiu is what is my next step? any info you can give me please email me at kcolelovelife @ gmail .com

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
nicolemead91
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Go to court & get your baby back !!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Need to track him down and somehow get her back.   She may feel abandoned which she was and have alot of anger towards you.  Talk to a family lawyer or department of social services to find out how to get things better.

bahamamama61
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Can you talk to the dad, and work out some arrangements?:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurse1997
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Good for you love stay on track you can go to court to get vistation but the courts will probally let her stay with the dad my sister went thru the same thing but she never did drugs she always worked but she moved like she changed her underwear she was in a place for 3 years and decided to try to get them back but judge said he didnt want to up root the kids  my sisters lawyer had warned her that might happen judges dont like to pull kids out of stable homes mother or not good luck ;]

GirlieGal76
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's great that you're putting your life back together and wanting contact with your daughter again. I don't have any info on how to go about doing what you want but I would ask you to think about what's truly in the best interest of your daughter. She's 9-years-old and hasn't seen you in the last 2 years. Unless you have reason to believe that she isn't being cared for properly with her biological father, I would strongly urge you to consider just being a strong presence in her life. Taking her out of the only home she has known for at least the last 2 years might not be the best thing for a 9-year-old little girl....

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I agree. Best of luck!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Need to track him down and somehow get her back.   She may feel abandoned which she was and have alot of anger towards you.  Talk to a family lawyer or department of social services to find out how to get things better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trainlady
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Get yourself an attorney as see if you can get joint custody or at least visitation rights and go from there.

mdawn028
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Stay clean and sober keep up the good work and pray pray and pray some more if it is meant for you to get your little girl back then God will help make a way for you do your best to have faith and hope that you will be able to talk to her and get to see her. God does answer prayers it isn't in our time it is in his I wish you the best God bless you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crysiann
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I am not going to be as nice as the other replies I have read. I am sorry, but you need to hear the truth. Good for him for taking his daughter out of your life. And good for you for straightening out your life. Please do not go take your baby back. If she really was your baby, you wouldn't have abandoned her for two years. My husband and I can't have children, so it really pisses me off when I read about some one just leaving their child. Parenting is a privelege, and you gave that privalege up. If you want to see her, call him, and start the process slowly so you can show your daughter you are not going to leave her again. You need to earn her trust and your exes trust again. Just because he cheated on you doesn't give you the right to abandon your child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)