Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do your kids wear pants with holes in the knees?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 281 Replies
1 mom liked this
So, we're into April. There's 3 months left of school. Do you send your kids to school, specifically boys, with holes in the knees of their jeans? I would really prefer he didn't wear the holey jeans to school, and save them for the weekend or something, but in a busy house hold holey knees often get over looked. Is this a faux pas?
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terpmama
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Mine only do if we're gardening or playing in dirt type of thing... But we have school clothes that get changed after school. And the oldest is only 4. But I don't let them go to school in holy jeans (unless there is a good reason to - like if they're going to paint and get it all over themselves, or something)

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:31 PM
4 moms liked this
No. I was raised to see it as trashy. Not that it is, but I can't stand seeing ds with ripped knees.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dixiegurl223626
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM
5 moms liked this

I do send my son to school in those jeans. He is 8. They dont have huge holes in them.I still wear those jeans myself. I buy some of mine with the holes already in them.

SnapIt
by Movin' on up on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Its a style and mine does have a pair like this but i havent sent him in with them
He wears them on days off
He says other kids wear them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilrockerMama
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate his holey jeans and every once in awhile when I'm busy and not paying attention he will sneak out with them on. I homeschool now so I don't care so much but if we go somewhere and I realize he gets in a little bit of trouble. I think I'm going to take all his holey jeans and make them in to shorts even though he refuses to wear shorts.. How do they wear the knee out so quickly?!
Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:41 PM
7 moms liked this
My youngest dd does, because she wants to. Apparently that's the style again. That and mismatch socks.
ash522
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Typically no. But he just started picking out his own clothes & the other day he was running behind (ok- I hit snooze once to many times. Totally my fault-lol) & just as I noticed he had on his jeans with a tiny hole the bus was coming & it was to late to change. Normally I would have made him change though. 

MamaJess9
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM
2 moms liked this
OMG the mismatched socks!!! My 9 yr old DD will NOT wear two same socks! It drives me crazy! We were well into the school year before I found out it's apparently a "trend" and she wasn't the only one doing it!

Quoting Jacqalyn:

My youngest dd does, because she wants to. Apparently that's the style again. That and mismatch socks.

veganistic
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Ahh, the mismatched socks! My 8yo dd does that. She also wore her new "vintage" (goodwill) Pokemon shirt to school 2 days in a row today, lol. I won't allow a third, but i think it's cute that she loves pokemon so much :D

Quoting Jacqalyn:

Kmary
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I try not to let him wear them to school, but it's not the end of the world if he does.  Mostly they're reserved for weekends/outside play.  I like my kids to look clean and matched, but I don't think a hole in a knee on a little kid is a big deal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN