Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat! What's on your mind today?

Posted by   + Show Post

Let's Chat!

What are you doing today?  What's on your mind?

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members who have replied by Quoting their replies.

how are you*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!

*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Replies (351-358):
aa1990
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Right now I'm thinking how crazy it is that I'm 22 and expecting a baby! I know it's way too early to tell anyone (only three weeks along) so it's been my little secret along with my SO. One day I'm terrified and the next I'm so excited. It's chaos in my brain haha.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Quoting aa1990:

Right now I'm thinking how crazy it is that I'm 22 and expecting a baby! I know it's way too early to tell anyone (only three weeks along) so it's been my little secret along with my SO. One day I'm terrified and the next I'm so excited. It's chaos in my brain haha.

Congratulations - how exciting!  Have you decided when or how you're going to tell your family and friends?

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM

What does your so say?  Does he think it's ok that his dog keeps attacking you?  Not sure I'd be willing to hang around the dog any longer if it might attack at any time.

Quoting scorpiobabes:

Mobile Photo

My s/o dog just attacked me-he was biting me through my sweatshirt-and this is what he did to my arm (which is now throbbing).

This dog has bit me three times now, on e in the face. S/o refuses to admit the dog has a problem. All I did was try to prevent my s/o from rolling on the dog, who slipped sideways and was sleeping under s/o, who was sitting up and rubbing his nose while asleep.

*not sure if picture is attached, I'm trying to attach it from my iPhone.

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I'm really sorry I just saw this reply! I have been a mess the last 24 hours! He and my oldest both have ADHD. The doctor started my four year old Gabriel on a different medicine than he had been taking yesterday and it's called focalin. My oldest is on focalin but this is different. It's a tablet that has to be cut and given 3 times a day. He took his dosage yesterday and I almost took him to the ER because his heart was pounding sitting down, it began palpultating (sp?) in a crazy manner at random moments while I was checking his heart rate. Checked it four times and it was doing the same thing each time. It became very scary. His head was hurting, his stomach was hurting. It was awful. I spoke to the doctor and we have pulled him off of it for the moment until the previous medication empties out of his system and we can pinpoint the reason for his awful reaction. I panic really easy. Doesn't make things much easier for the poor kid.

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Quoting Rachael-Dawn:

I'm really sorry I just saw this reply! I have been a mess the last 24 hours! He and my oldest both have ADHD. The doctor started my four year old Gabriel on a different medicine than he had been taking yesterday and it's called focalin. My oldest is on focalin but this is different. It's a tablet that has to be cut and given 3 times a day. He took his dosage yesterday and I almost took him to the ER because his heart was pounding sitting down, it began palpultating (sp?) in a crazy manner at random moments while I was checking his heart rate. Checked it four times and it was doing the same thing each time. It became very scary. His head was hurting, his stomach was hurting. It was awful. I spoke to the doctor and we have pulled him off of it for the moment until the previous medication empties out of his system and we can pinpoint the reason for his awful reaction. I panic really easy. Doesn't make things much easier for the poor kid.

Oh my gosh! That sounds so scary! Does your 4yr old really need to be medicated for the ADHD? He seems so young to be taking meds 3 times a day.
I hope he's feeling better!! ((Hugs))
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Quoting Rachael-Dawn:

Oh my gosh! That sounds so scary! Does your 4yr old really need to be medicated for the ADHD? He seems so young to be taking meds 3 times a day.
I hope he's feeling better!! ((Hugs))

I was hoping he didn't have to be but it was impossible for him to function in school. You know I forgot to point out that it was becoming near impossible to get him to eat. I finally got him to eat a decent amount of breakfast this morning before school. He hasn't had any medicine since day before yesterday's fiasco and had an awful day at school but was otherwise very happy and feeling very healthy. Total switch from the day before thank God. I just wish I had the answer... I'm sure it's right in front of me but I just can't see it. I will let you know what we figure out. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.

HealthofaDiva
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I have multiple children as well.  If you have a IPhone or IPad try the app on the apple store called Kids Alarm for Parents.  Its a great way to have your kids make their own customized voice recorded alarms and alerts for all their activities to help you stay organized.  It even allows you to download one of your favorite photos of them. As their personal voice and picture comes up to alert you can have a smile from them and a reminder.  Enjoy it. Link it at:  https://tunes.apple.com/us/app/kids-alarm-for-parents/id597068010?mt=8

Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:59 PM

i am 1 happy mommy i am potty training my son & he went to bathroom without me telling him to he is doing great so far 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)