• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kinda worried for my 6 yr old

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 7 Replies
So ive noticed problems in my 6 yr old sons behavior so i decided to have him tested. he had an eeg and phsycometric testing. the outcome was he has adhd,aspergers and impulse control disorder which i had never heard of but i googled it and it says as the child gets older they get worse. i have him set up for phsycology therapy and occupational therApy and im in the process of getting him an iep for school. Im just dumbfounded how did this happen? What did i do wrong
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
supermom0609
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Bump
supermom0609
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Bump
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM
You didn't do anything wrong.

Just whatever you do, don't let up on discipline now just because he has been "labeled". He needs consistency now more than ever.
I have a "friend" who's dd got labeled and diagnosed with all this stuff, so now she uses those things as excuses for why she can't discipline her dd. I've seen it first hand as I have lived with her before.
belindah
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
You didn't do anything wrong. Continue being the best mom you can be
belindah
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
You didn't do anything wrong. Continue being the best mom you can be
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM
This exactly. There's nothing "wrong" with him and you're getting him the help he needs. If everyone works together, he should be very successful (in school and in life).

Quoting Junebaby18:

You didn't do anything wrong.

Just whatever you do, don't let up on discipline now just because he has been "labeled". He needs consistency now more than ever.

I have a "friend" who's dd got labeled and diagnosed with all this stuff, so now she uses those things as excuses for why she can't discipline her dd. I've seen it first hand as I have lived with her before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM

YOu didn't do anything wrong.

Have they tested him for a gluten intolerance? Or perhaps a food dye sensativity?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)